Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NFL Redzone

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:06 AM

[quote name='surfdude85']sounds great! so can someone having classic bronze add the multi sports pkg, and receive this new channel?

'Fraid not. Need to have Classic Silver or higher WITH the MSP (Multi Sports Pack) to get the NFL Network Red Zone. You can't get the "existing" NFL Network channel anyway if you don't subscribe to Classic Silver or higher to begin with. :(

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,170 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:29 PM

That isn't really known for sure, is it? Until now, the DirecTV's RedZone channel was the only one. How do you know that the DirecTV RedZone won't now just be the NFL RedZone channel?

NFL'S Redzone is copyrighted.........

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#23 OFFLINE   booger

booger

Legend

• Registered
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:32 PM

Nice addition! Thanks Dish!

#24 OFFLINE   Tsi2quick

Tsi2quick

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:20 PM

So I believe we have the Absolute HD package if I remember correctly, will I get this channel? I'm assuming not since we never get any of the new GOOD channels.

#25 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:52 PM

So I believe we have the Absolute HD package if I remember correctly, will I get this channel? I'm assuming not since we never get any of the new GOOD channels.

I doubt it because you cannot add multi-sports to absolute.
Dish Customer since 12/13/03
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)

#26 OFFLINE   mcss1985

mcss1985

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:31 PM

What about Turbo HD. I have Turbo Silver now with multi sport. Based on past experiences I wouldn't think I would get any new channel, but I already get NFL Net. and have multi sport so ... maybe?

#27 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:37 PM

What about Turbo HD. I have Turbo Silver now with multi sport. Based on past experiences I wouldn't think I would get any new channel, but I already get NFL Net. and have multi sport so ... maybe?

Hopefully this channel will only be tied to multi-sports and not the base package. (other than requireing the base pack to include NFL Net.)
Dish Customer since 12/13/03
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)

#28 OFFLINE   Slamminc11

Slamminc11

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:50 PM

Hopefully this channel will only be tied to multi-sports and not the base package. (other than requireing the base pack to include NFL Net.)

NFL RedZone will be available within the Classic Silver 200 ($52.99/mo. with locals where available) WITH a subscription to the add-on package, Multi-Sport Package, which is $5.99/mo. Customers may also receive NFL RedZone in HD with a subscription to the HD add-on package. In order to receive HD local network programming, qualifying customers must also have a ViP®-series/MPEG-4 receiver and an applicable antenna pointed to either the 129° or 61.5° orbital location.

#29 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:03 PM

Just depends on what channels within the 200 or higher it is tied to. If they're all available in HD, then yes TurboHD equivalent packages will get it. If not, then no. That's more or less the reason any new channel is left out of those packages, they're carriage agreement requires them to be packaged with certain other channels. If those channels aren't available in HD, then it can't be part of the Turbo HD packages since the non-HD channel wouldn't be in them.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#30 OFFLINE   Mustang Dave

Mustang Dave

Legend

• Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:36 PM

Wow this sounds like a pretty cool channel. I am already reserving the PnP window for this channel on Sundays. Cant wait to see it in action thanks Dish!

#31 OFFLINE   reslfakb

reslfakb

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:08 AM

There's a promo for the channel at:

nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d811f59b2&template=without-video&confirm=true

Looks well worth $6/month to me. They said in the video promo they won't have any commercials-- 6 uninterrupted hours of up to the minute highlights. Should be a big hit for fans of fantasy football as well as folks (like myself) who are stuck getting hometown games of teams they don't care about (it was painful trying to watch the Bengals last season).

#32 OFFLINE   bigshew

bigshew

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:59 PM

Any chance there will be a free preview on opening Sunday?

#33 OFFLINE   dano

dano

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:49 PM

Looking at and considering the Red Zone channel, which would require me to add just the $6 multi sport. Noticed on the Dish website the ad for this channel says "Hurry subscriptions are limited". What on earth does that mean?

#34 OFFLINE   Kheldar

Kheldar

Icon

• Registered
  • 773 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:03 PM

Looking at and considering the Red Zone channel, which would require me to add just the $6 multi sport. Noticed on the Dish website the ad for this channel says "Hurry subscriptions are limited". What on earth does that mean?

You aren't the only one asking that question.
What’s That Mean?
George Bernard Shaw: "We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience." ;) :D

The 50-50-90 Rule: "Whenever you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability that you will get it wrong." -- Unknown ;)

Heinlein's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

#35 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:07 PM

Marketing 101. If you say something is limited, and at a great price, everybody in the world will jump on it quickly. If you say, join at your convience, people trickle in. You know Dish wants this Channel to kick off with a bang. I just hope, it doesn't mean they are including it in the Multi Sports pack, for a limited time.

#36 Guest_jmccurrytech_*

Guest_jmccurrytech_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:30 PM

Subscriptions are limited... limited to the number of subs they have :)

#37 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,854 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:16 AM

I'm not sure how Dish would limit this anyway.

If the only way to get NFL RedZone is to subscribe to multi-sport... then anyone subscribing to multisport would get RedZone.

Dish would have to stop signing people up for multisport just because of RedZone... and that wouldn't make any sense at all.

In order for Dish to have such a limitation, it would mean RedZone would have to be authorized as a channel not part of any other package... which doesn't sound like what they are doing.

So this kinda has to be a smoke & mirrors marketing thing, because I can't figure out any way they could actually limit access to RedZone as part of multisport without limiting multisport as well.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#38 OFFLINE   nickg2

nickg2

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:01 AM

when i had DirecTV i had the sports package for a while, but dumped it. you can only watch SO many channels showing "best damn sports show" over and over with very little actual "regional" sports shows. i'd like to receive the new Red Zone channel, but don't feel it's worth taking on the sports package just to watch a channel ONE day a week.

#39 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:14 AM

when i had DirecTV i had the sports package for a while, but dumped it. you can only watch SO many channels showing "best damn sports show" over and over with very little actual "regional" sports shows. i'd like to receive the new Red Zone channel, but don't feel it's worth taking on the sports package just to watch a channel ONE day a week.

Myself, I don't keep the multisports pack all year. Only during the college football season. 6(7) Really good College games this weekend. NFL Redzone is just a bonus for the package, and I will drop the package, as quick as football season ends. I couldn't believe, I could see my Daughters College DivII play in HD no less this weekend. GO CW WILDCAT's.

#40 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 684 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

This Redzone channel will only broadcast on sundays correct? WHat will it show the other 6 days of the week? Picture ad's for it? like what we see on channel 240 for AAD?

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

Protected By... spam firewall...And...