Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NFL Redzone

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   kgm32

kgm32

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:17 PM

when i had DirecTV i had the sports package for a while, but dumped it. you can only watch SO many channels showing "best damn sports show" over and over with very little actual "regional" sports shows. i'd like to receive the new Red Zone channel, but don't feel it's worth taking on the sports package just to watch a channel ONE day a week.

I would gladly pay $6 per month for the sports tier to get the RedZone Channel then drop it after football season. That will be a total cost of $30-36 per season. I am locked into Direct TV for another 20 months due to having just signed up for HD with them. They require the purchase of the NFL Sunday Ticket at $299.95 AND the Superfan package at $100 for a grand total of $399.95 or about $ 360 more per season. I can see a large number of people switching to Dish for this...

:nono2:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   bootman

bootman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:55 PM

[quote name='epokopac'][quote name='surfdude85']sounds great! so can someone having classic bronze add the multi sports pkg, and receive this new channel?

'Fraid not. Need to have Classic Silver or higher WITH the MSP (Multi Sports Pack) to get the NFL Network Red Zone. You can't get the "existing" NFL Network channel anyway if you don't subscribe to Classic Silver or higher to begin with. :([/QUOTE]

But you can add the multi sport package to Bronze plus.
I have this package now.
I wonder if I will get the channel on the 13th?:confused:

#43 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 333 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:47 AM

[quote name='bootman'][quote name='epokopac']

But you can add the multi sport package to Bronze plus.
I have this package now.
I wonder if I will get the channel on the 13th?:confused:[/QUOTE]

You probably "won't" unless you are on Classic Silver or higher. It's not enough to just have the MSP (Multi Sports Pack) active. If NFL RedZone is NOT active for you on Sunday, you "could" upgrade to Classic Silver (could probably even do it online) for the length of the NFL season and then switch back to Bronze Plus when the season's over.

#44 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 661 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:43 PM

Will it start w/ the opening kickoff?? Or will we just see Hansons face till someone goes into the 'redzone'? Cuz kickoffs could lead to touchdowns. How would they handle a kickoff return for TD if they weren't already ON that game, show it as replay kinda like a 30 second delay? I think it would be cool to show every opening kickoff of every game. Cuz not every game starts at exactly the same time, close but not exactly. Plus if we dont see a kickoff, we might miss a score ;)

I can't recall being this excited about getting a channel before, except maybe when I finally discerned that Cox Sports Television (CST) of Louisiana was actually being shown on Cox cable right here in Fairfax county VIRGINIA!

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

#45 OFFLINE   bootman

bootman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:27 AM

[quote name='epokopac'][quote name='bootman']

You probably "won't" unless you are on Classic Silver or higher. It's not enough to just have the MSP (Multi Sports Pack) active. If NFL RedZone is NOT active for you on Sunday, you "could" upgrade to Classic Silver (could probably even do it online) for the length of the NFL season and then switch back to Bronze Plus when the season's over.[/QUOTE]

I can see the barker now.
Crossing my fingers for Sunday. :D

#46 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:32 AM

[quote name='bootman'][quote name='epokopac']

I can see the barker now.
Crossing my fingers for Sunday. :D[/QUOTE]
I wish you luck. Bottom of the screen it says * with Classic Silver 200 programing. Looks like that will be the Minimum package.

#47 OFFLINE   kgm32

kgm32

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:31 AM

I would gladly pay $6 per month for the sports tier to get the RedZone Channel then drop it after football season. That will be a total cost of $30-36 per season. I am locked into Direct TV for another 20 months due to having just signed up for HD with them. They require the purchase of the NFL Sunday Ticket at $299.95 AND the Superfan package at $100 for a grand total of $399.95 or about $ 360 more per season. I can see a large number of people switching to Dish for this...

For those of you like myself who are locked into Dtv and cannot or will not pony up the $ 400 for their Redzone Channel (or to pay the early termination charge) I am starting a campaign to ask the NFL to bring the Redzone Channel online to NFL.COM much like their FieldPass Radio broadcast. So if you think this is a good idea send them a note at the link below.

http://www.nfl.com/contact-us

#48 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:48 AM

You're comparison is like saying you can goto a highschool musical for $3 instead of Broadway for $300. You're not comparing the same thing and you're just buying into the advertising hype. I can't wait to see people's reaction to this over hyped channel tomorrow and see how let down they're going to be.

NFL and other providers are marketing this like it's the NFLST but it's not even close. This is going to cause some bad blood between customers and their providers. They had a chance to have a big win by just telling people what it would really do without trying to make it sound more then what it was. They lost that and it does help fill a need for some people but overall nowhere even close to NFLST.

#49 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:51 AM

For those of you like myself who are locked into Dtv and cannot or will not pony up the $ 400 for their Redzone Channel (or to pay the early termination charge) I am starting a campaign to ask the NFL to bring the Redzone Channel online to NFL.COM much like their FieldPass Radio broadcast. So if you think this is a good idea send them a note at the link below.

I think that is a great idea, and wish you the best of luck with it.

NFLRedzone, is going to be great, but its very different, than the NFLSundayTicket.
NFLSundayTicket, is really all about watching the game YOU want to watch. Is it worth $300+ to you to be able to the game or the Team you want. I have always thought of it as a season ticket to your team, without having to go to the stadium or for those of us that have moved away from our favorite teams. I am stuck watching the Deadskins vs the Midgets this week instead of being able to see Seattle play.

Redzone is about all the scoring which is great, but you still miss watching the battles in the trenches, and the enjoyment of watching your team. Granted for $300 minimum, and then the addon's like HD, the Price gets steep fast for NFLSunday Ticket.

On a side note, one of the modes may want to merge this thread with the NFLRedzone now active thread. Tomorrow there will be all sorts of posts, and having everything in one thread might make life easier.

#50 OFFLINE   fryguy503

fryguy503

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:53 AM

You probably "won't" unless you are on Classic Silver or higher. It's not enough to just have the MSP (Multi Sports Pack) active. If NFL RedZone is NOT active for you on Sunday, you "could" upgrade to Classic Silver (could probably even do it online) for the length of the NFL season and then switch back to Bronze Plus when the season's over.

Actually since he says he has the Bronze Plus he can get the Multi-sport package and the nfl redzone. Bronze does not include his RSnets but Bronze Plus does and allows you to get the MSP aswell.

#51 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:07 PM

You're comparison is like saying you can goto a highschool musical for $3 instead of Broadway for $300. You're not comparing the same thing and you're just buying into the advertising hype. I can't wait to see people's reaction to this over hyped channel tomorrow and see how let down they're going to be.

NFL and other providers are marketing this like it's the NFLST but it's not even close. This is going to cause some bad blood between customers and their providers. They had a chance to have a big win by just telling people what it would really do without trying to make it sound more then what it was. They lost that and it does help fill a need for some people but overall nowhere even close to NFLST.

No, the comparison is more like to you want to see the Highpoints of a 8 Broadway Plays in HD for 5.99, or sit through a single Broadway Play, for $300in SD.
Anybody who thinks that NFLRedzone is more than Highpoints of active games, isn't paying attention. I am just glad I have a extra remote incase I burn out the swap button. Remember its Called Redzone channel for Redzone coverage on active games as well as instant highlights of scores.

#52 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:34 PM

Actually since he says he has the Bronze Plus he can get the Multi-sport package and the nfl redzone. Bronze does not include his RSnets but Bronze Plus does and allows you to get the MSP aswell.

They still have to have 200 or higher because to get NFL Red Zone the base package must have NFL network, which 100+ does not.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#53 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:46 PM

They still have to have 200 or higher because to get NFL Red Zone the base package must have NFL network, which 100+ does not.

Puck has hit it on the head.
Multisports pack, and a base Package that includes "NFL NETWORK".
One of the so called problems with NFL Network and some Cable Companies was what tier the NFL Network would be included.

#54 OFFLINE   jorossian

jorossian

Legend

• Registered
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:32 PM

My base package is DishLatino Max (52.99/mo) + HD (10.00/mo)

Would I get NFLRedzone if I add the multisport pack?

#55 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:40 PM

My base package is DishLatino Max (52.99/mo) + HD (10.00/mo)

Would I get NFLRedzone if I add the multisport pack?

I don't see the NFL Network as part of DishLatino Max, so I wouldn't count on getting the NFL Redzone, by adding the Multisports package.

#56 OFFLINE   jorossian

jorossian

Legend

• Registered
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:47 PM

ah you're correct. probably not

#57 OFFLINE   Mike P

Mike P

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:15 AM

Good idea!

I did it, and made comments.....

(1) HR20-100 HD DVR
(1) R10 SD DVR - (Tivo unit)
(2) D10 SD Recievers
Samsung 42" HD Plasma HP-S4253
Samsung Upconvert DVD Surround System HT-Q70

#58 OFFLINE   jerbear4

jerbear4

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:18 AM

Was sitting here thinking if the NFL Red Zone would be worth the extra 5.99 to get the multi-sports package. After I thought about it I don't think it will be that great of a channel. Here are some things I wonder about with the channel. So it is to go live to a game when the team gets inside the redzone. They are making it sound as this only happens one game at a time. So what happens when five teams are inside the red zone? What game do they show you? Makes me wonder on this unless they use some sort of picture in picture or something like an interactive channel that allows you to highlight the game you want so you can pick up the audio of that game. Then this will not show those exciting touch downs like the 82 yard touch down runs or the 50 yard passes. Not knocking the channel for it may be great but these are just things to consider.

#59 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:56 AM

Then this will not show those exciting touch downs like the 82 yard touch down runs or the 50 yard passes. Not knocking the channel for it may be great but these are just things to consider.

If it's anything like my current Madden 10 onlien franchise there's a LOT of 82 yard scoring runs going on... :D

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#60 OFFLINE   kgm32

kgm32

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:20 AM

I think you are missing my point. Using your analogy DirectTV is telling me I have to pay for a broadway show when I would be happy to see a High School Musical. I know this is not the Sunday Ticket. It is highlights and scoring and that is all I want. When I had the Sunday Ticket, I found myself watching either the local game which is on Fox or the DTV Redzone Channel so when I find that I could be getting that for 6 to 8 per month from another provider, the $400 that DirecTV is telling me I have to pay is outrageous. I am not saying that the Sunday Ticket is over priced. If you want the option of watching any game then its great but as I stated that is not what I want. I want JUST a Redzone Channel be it the NFLs or DirecTVs but I am not going to pay $400 for it.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...