Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NFL Redzone

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:07 PM

You're comparison is like saying you can goto a highschool musical for $3 instead of Broadway for $300. You're not comparing the same thing and you're just buying into the advertising hype. I can't wait to see people's reaction to this over hyped channel tomorrow and see how let down they're going to be.

NFL and other providers are marketing this like it's the NFLST but it's not even close. This is going to cause some bad blood between customers and their providers. They had a chance to have a big win by just telling people what it would really do without trying to make it sound more then what it was. They lost that and it does help fill a need for some people but overall nowhere even close to NFLST.

No, the comparison is more like to you want to see the Highpoints of a 8 Broadway Plays in HD for 5.99, or sit through a single Broadway Play, for $300in SD.
Anybody who thinks that NFLRedzone is more than Highpoints of active games, isn't paying attention. I am just glad I have a extra remote incase I burn out the swap button. Remember its Called Redzone channel for Redzone coverage on active games as well as instant highlights of scores.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:34 PM

Actually since he says he has the Bronze Plus he can get the Multi-sport package and the nfl redzone. Bronze does not include his RSnets but Bronze Plus does and allows you to get the MSP aswell.

They still have to have 200 or higher because to get NFL Red Zone the base package must have NFL network, which 100+ does not.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#53 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:46 PM

They still have to have 200 or higher because to get NFL Red Zone the base package must have NFL network, which 100+ does not.

Puck has hit it on the head.
Multisports pack, and a base Package that includes "NFL NETWORK".
One of the so called problems with NFL Network and some Cable Companies was what tier the NFL Network would be included.

#54 OFFLINE   jorossian

jorossian

Legend

• Registered
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:32 PM

My base package is DishLatino Max (52.99/mo) + HD (10.00/mo)

Would I get NFLRedzone if I add the multisport pack?

#55 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:40 PM

My base package is DishLatino Max (52.99/mo) + HD (10.00/mo)

Would I get NFLRedzone if I add the multisport pack?

I don't see the NFL Network as part of DishLatino Max, so I wouldn't count on getting the NFL Redzone, by adding the Multisports package.

#56 OFFLINE   jorossian

jorossian

Legend

• Registered
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:47 PM

ah you're correct. probably not

#57 OFFLINE   Mike P

Mike P

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:15 AM

For those of you like myself who are locked into Dtv and cannot or will not pony up the $ 400 for their Redzone Channel (or to pay the early termination charge) I am starting a campaign to ask the NFL to bring the Redzone Channel online to NFL.COM much like their FieldPass Radio broadcast. So if you think this is a good idea send them a note at the link below.

http://www.nfl.com/contact-us

Good idea!

I did it, and made comments.....

(1) HR20-100 HD DVR
(1) R10 SD DVR - (Tivo unit)
(2) D10 SD Recievers
Samsung 42" HD Plasma HP-S4253
Samsung Upconvert DVD Surround System HT-Q70

#58 OFFLINE   jerbear4

jerbear4

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:18 AM

Was sitting here thinking if the NFL Red Zone would be worth the extra 5.99 to get the multi-sports package. After I thought about it I don't think it will be that great of a channel. Here are some things I wonder about with the channel. So it is to go live to a game when the team gets inside the redzone. They are making it sound as this only happens one game at a time. So what happens when five teams are inside the red zone? What game do they show you? Makes me wonder on this unless they use some sort of picture in picture or something like an interactive channel that allows you to highlight the game you want so you can pick up the audio of that game. Then this will not show those exciting touch downs like the 82 yard touch down runs or the 50 yard passes. Not knocking the channel for it may be great but these are just things to consider.

#59 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

• Registered
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:56 AM

Then this will not show those exciting touch downs like the 82 yard touch down runs or the 50 yard passes. Not knocking the channel for it may be great but these are just things to consider.

If it's anything like my current Madden 10 onlien franchise there's a LOT of 82 yard scoring runs going on... :D

"Belligerent and numerous."

SlingTV, Tablo and Plex to Roku 3s and Chromecasts on a Vizio 42" in the living room and a Toshiba 32" in my bedroom. Xbox 360 client on a Westinghouse 42" in the game room. Tablets EVERYWHERE!

I used to update the Dish Network FAQ but not anymore.

#60 OFFLINE   kgm32

kgm32

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:20 AM

You're comparison is like saying you can goto a highschool musical for $3 instead of Broadway for $300. You're not comparing the same thing and you're just buying into the advertising hype. I can't wait to see people's reaction to this over hyped channel tomorrow and see how let down they're going to be.

NFL and other providers are marketing this like it's the NFLST but it's not even close. This is going to cause some bad blood between customers and their providers. They had a chance to have a big win by just telling people what it would really do without trying to make it sound more then what it was. They lost that and it does help fill a need for some people but overall nowhere even close to NFLST.

I think you are missing my point. Using your analogy DirectTV is telling me I have to pay for a broadway show when I would be happy to see a High School Musical. I know this is not the Sunday Ticket. It is highlights and scoring and that is all I want. When I had the Sunday Ticket, I found myself watching either the local game which is on Fox or the DTV Redzone Channel so when I find that I could be getting that for 6 to 8 per month from another provider, the $400 that DirecTV is telling me I have to pay is outrageous. I am not saying that the Sunday Ticket is over priced. If you want the option of watching any game then its great but as I stated that is not what I want. I want JUST a Redzone Channel be it the NFLs or DirecTVs but I am not going to pay $400 for it.

#61 OFFLINE   TE_DSMIA

TE_DSMIA

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:15 AM

Where is the HD feed located All I see is the 155 SD feed...
I have Multi-sport and HD "everything" or Platinum or whatever it is called...

#62 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 721 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:51 AM

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

#63 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:53 AM

Was sitting here thinking if the NFL Red Zone would be worth the extra 5.99 to get the multi-sports package. After I thought about it I don't think it will be that great of a channel. Here are some things I wonder about with the channel. So it is to go live to a game when the team gets inside the redzone. They are making it sound as this only happens one game at a time. So what happens when five teams are inside the red zone? What game do they show you? Makes me wonder on this unless they use some sort of picture in picture or something like an interactive channel that allows you to highlight the game you want so you can pick up the audio of that game. Then this will not show those exciting touch downs like the 82 yard touch down runs or the 50 yard passes. Not knocking the channel for it may be great but these are just things to consider.

Well I am not worried about missing the 80 or 50 yard Touchdown plays, as they have already said they will jump to those Scores, and show them to us.
As a Fantasy League player and Manager, and monitoring the live scoreboard on the ESPN page, you would be surprised how few times, you have multiple games in the Redzone. What I will miss is the hard hits, tackles and Blocks, that wont be shown. I can live with seeing all the scores the Seahawks rack up though

#64 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:54 AM

Where is the HD feed located All I see is the 155 SD feed...
I have Multi-sport and HD "everything" or Platinum or whatever it is called...

Do you use the Map Downs? If not, channel 9467

#65 OFFLINE   bootman

bootman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:02 AM

Puck has hit it on the head.
Multisports pack, and a base Package that includes "NFL NETWORK".
One of the so called problems with NFL Network and some Cable Companies was what tier the NFL Network would be included.

...and it's a steal! :lol:

I'm watching Red Zone now with no NFL Network and no Silver and up package.:hurah:

Screen shots for reference.

http://s374.photobuc...an_photos/test/

#66 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:10 AM

Congrats on BronzePlus, and Getting Redzone.
Wasn't sure how they were going to do this. Looks like they pick a game, and then wait.
Denver fumbling Kickoff was funny, switch to NO vs Det in Redzone, instead of watching a Punt, boom NO scores, and they jump right to Ind vs Jax in the Redzone, and really cool Jax INT in the endzone, and even was able to watch the FG by the Browns, only 15sec's behind live action.

#67 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

• Registered
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:11 AM

Anyone getting it in HD? I get error 004.

SlingTV, Tablo and Plex to Roku 3s and Chromecasts on a Vizio 42" in the living room and a Toshiba 32" in my bedroom. Xbox 360 client on a Westinghouse 42" in the game room. Tablets EVERYWHERE!

#68 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:15 AM

Anyone getting it in HD? I get error 004.

I am on the 155 HD, have 155sd locked out. I have the Browns vs Vikings on both right now as Redzone is watching that game. Redzone is about 40secs behind. Cool, Folk just kicked a 51yrd FG, extra Fantasy points for me.

#69 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

• Registered
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:15 AM

Holding in the power button for a hard boot. We'll see if it rehits.

#70 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

• Registered
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:17 AM

Didn't.

#71 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:19 AM

Didn't.

What Package do you have? Really cool drive with Carolina and Philly right now.

#72 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

• Registered
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:23 AM

What Package do you have? Really cool drive with Carolina and Philly right now.

Classic Silver w/ HD & Sports Pack. On the phone now waiting so I can get a manual rehit.

ETA: Wife's watching. She's not convinced yet. She says she gets dizzy watching so many different games. :)

#73 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:27 AM

Ok,
I have an OFFICAL PROBLEM with NFL REDZONE.
Where are the COMMERICAL's? How dare they leave a game1 to take to a live game2 just because game1 has gone to a 5 minute commercial break.

Only 28min's into this Channel, HUGE THUMBS UP. Almost TOO much action.

#74 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:28 AM

Didn't.

I guess its time to do a chat and get a rehit. I have to say like Redzone. We get to see all the good stuff.
Dish Customer since 12/13/03
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)

#75 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:30 AM

Ok,
I have an OFFICAL PROBLEM with NFL REDZONE.
Where are the COMMERICAL's? How dare they leave a game1 to take to a live game2 just because game1 has gone to a 5 minute commercial break.

Only 28min's into this Channel, HUGE THUMBS UP. Almost TOO much action.

:) You heard what they said: "We don't do commercials" I love it.
Dish Customer since 12/13/03
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...