Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NFL Redzone

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 652 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:31 PM

Should be fine. I have 3 dishes on my roof. 2 for E* and 1 for D* (allthough I don't use the D* one anymore). In addition, I'm also using the dish on the neighbors roof too :)

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#142 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 853 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:39 AM

One quick question. I am also thinking of putting up 3 Dishes on my roof. 2 Directv dishs (one for regular programming and the other for International stuff) and 1 Dish Network (for other international stuff). Now putting 3 dish on the roof - does that damage the roof especially if we were to take it off if we ever sold the home?

You would need to seal up the holes left by the removed lag bolts to retain the integrity of the structure. I'm sure this is done all the time without problems.

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

#143 OFFLINE   Mustang Dave

Mustang Dave

Legend

• Registered
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:46 PM

I have not had a chance to post since last weekend but let me just say I LOVE THIS CHANNEL!!

The around the league coverage throughout the day was very cool. Way worth the money for football fans to get this.

#144 OFFLINE   HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 05:04 PM

One quick question. I am also thinking of putting up 3 Dishes on my roof. 2 Directv dishs (one for regular programming and the other for International stuff) and 1 Dish Network (for other international stuff). Now putting 3 dish on the roof - does that damage the roof especially if we were to take it off if we ever sold the home?

Most I have seen just pull the pole and leave the bracket attached to the roof.
DirecTV HR34 - 3 HR25's
Panny 42PX77U - Slingbox Pro
tgif: let's RV

#145 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 607 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:29 AM

Just curious Normally, when an NFL team is playing at home, no other can be shown at the same time while the team is playing. So, if Denver plays a 2:00 game at Mile High Stadium, then the Denver game is on CBS,, but FOX cannot show a game at the same time. So, will NFL RedZone be blacked out in this instance?

I always wondered why there was never a 4th game shown in our area, I assumed Fox figured no one would watch so they didn't air against the Donkeys. If you are a NFC west fan and live in the Donkeys coverage area you are totally screwed since there will only be a few NFC west games shown in the afternoon time slot when the Donkeys aren't playing.

I was very surprised how many games RZ happened to tune in to in time, could have been coincidence or they may delay them just enough that they can flip over to them in time. A few times the announcer did admit they were showing a replay but it wasn't very often. Also the networks would be minutes behind on showing the same highlights that the RZ had shown "live". Many times you'd see the play live on RZ then they'd switch to another game that then showed the replay of what you already saw.

#146 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:46 PM

I always wondered why there was never a 4th game shown in our area, I assumed Fox figured no one would watch so they didn't air against the Donkeys. If you are a NFC west fan and live in the Donkeys coverage area you are totally screwed since there will only be a few NFC west games shown in the afternoon time slot when the Donkeys aren't playing.

NFL Home Marketing rules dictate, how many games in the morning and afternoon, can be broadcast in your area. SUCKS big time too.

#147 OFFLINE   mcss1985

mcss1985

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:38 PM

Can anyone confirm if TurboHD subs with multisport are supposed to be getting this channel. I watched it all last week (and love it), so it looks like I get it which is great just curious if I'm supposed to.

I was thinking about chatting with customer service to get PlatinumHD because I had Turbo prior to 8/1, but I don't want to rock the boat and risk losing my RZC. I can definitely live without Platinum if I need to. I don't think they interest me much, I was just thinking about adding them since they are free now to see what was on them.

I have had TurboHD with multisport for some time, but read that only classic 200+ was supposed to get RZC.

Like I said I'm not complaining in one bit because I love this RZC and would almost pay the extra $20/month for it (I said almost - its not that great) that is would cost to get classic. Just curious about the TurboHD rules as we all know how clear they are.

Thanks

#148 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:07 AM

I was very surprised how many games RZ happened to tune in to in time, could have been coincidence or they may delay them just enough that they can flip over to them in time. A few times the announcer did admit they were showing a replay but it wasn't very often. Also the networks would be minutes behind on showing the same highlights that the RZ had shown "live". Many times you'd see the play live on RZ then they'd switch to another game that then showed the replay of what you already saw.

AT&T U-verse has Red Zone also. You get all RSNS if you sub to U-450.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#149 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:38 AM

AT&T U-verse has Red Zone also. You get all RSNS if you sub to U-450.

Yep, U-Verse offers the Redzone NOW, in the TOP HD package.
ATT can't explain to me why I would have to pay more for Phone, More for Internet, more for TV in a bundle from them. I use ATT DSL now, it would go up $15, a month for the same speed, Phone is $5 more than Vonage, and TV is more than Dish. Aren't Bundles supposed to SAVE you money. Enjoy Redzone over there as well, great channel. Feel free to post again, about the DVR's. Don't feel bad if you have to comeback again.

#150 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:49 AM

Yep, U-Verse offers the Redzone NOW, in the TOP HD package.
ATT can't explain to me why I would have to pay more for Phone, More for Internet, more for TV in a bundle from them. I use ATT DSL now, it would go up $15, a month for the same speed, Phone is $5 more than Vonage, and TV is more than Dish. Aren't Bundles supposed to SAVE you money. Enjoy Redzone over there as well, great channel. Feel free to post again, about the DVR's. Don't feel bad if you have to comeback again.

I like ON DEMAND to come back to Charlie world. I'm still going to post here. I llike this board. I know what you mean about bundles.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#151 OFFLINE   james2006

james2006

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:02 PM

For those of you who have been wanting a comparison of the D* version and the cable version, I have D* and Comcast, so I have been watching both this morning.

First off, the channels are basically the same, most of the time they are showing the same game. Overall I like the D* version better. Here are some general observations.

In general, D* seems to be quicker with highlights. There are some exceptions though...D* never showed the onside kick in the KC Oak game. I had the sound of on cable RZC, so I could not tell if it was recovered by KC or not. Not sure why D* did not show that highlight. D* had the highlight of the ATL touchdown before cable, but I have to give cable credit..they were live for the AZ blocked FG touchdown and D* showed the highlight 30 seconds later.

D* tends to cut away a lot more... I like this, less downtime is good time. For instance, after the Andre Johnson TD catch (the one handed one) cable stayed with the replays and D* cut away (great catch btw). In fact, cable stayed all the way through the XP.... Who cares about the XP? I don't. Same thing with the GB Ryan Grant TD. Cable stayed through the XP and D* cut away. When it looked like NO was going for a FG cable stayed until the FG, D* cut away for another game and came back in time for the FG.

Finally, there was a FG that D* showed that I never saw on cable (maybe I just missed it) and one time cable was showing KC on their own 30 yard line when D* was showing a game in the red zone (not sure what was happening there.

Overall they are basically the same channel. I would be surprised if the D* version is still around in a few years. That said, I think D* will always require Sunday Ticket to get any version of the RZC they decide to offer. We can only hope that Superfan falls by the wayside at some point. With the cable offering I think that add on package has taken a hit. (Thankfully you can usually get superfan free)

That's my two cents.

#152 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:30 PM

I think I found my problem with RedZone.

I don't want to get up at all because I may miss something.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#153 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 607 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:15 PM

I am still use to commercials so when they show a network feed that is going to commercial I still have that impulse to change the channel or get up. I think the only bad thing about this channel is definitely the fact that I won't get anything done on Sunday now. Even teams I don't care about are interesting just because you see the important/big plays.

#154 OFFLINE   CoolGui

CoolGui

Icon

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:22 PM

I'm loving the red zone... I didn't get a chance to see it last week because I was at the game, but now I would rather watch it than the full game going on the other channel

DirecTV - Slimline-3S (SWM) - Premiere + HD + MRV + HD Extra
Living Room : HR24/200 - Panasonic TH-50PX60U 50" Plasma - Onkyo TX-SR606B Audio Receiver - PS3 80GB - Wii - Slingbox Classic
Bed Room : H24/200 - LG 32LD450 32" LCD - Xbox 360S 250GB

#155 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,364 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:25 PM

For those of you who have been wanting a comparison of the D* version and the cable version, I have D* and Comcast, so I have been watching both this morning.

For clarification ... are you comparing DirecTV vs Comcast? Based on your Sunday Ticket comments it looks like you are.

#156 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,849 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:26 PM

For clarification ... are you comparing DirecTV vs Comcast? Based on your Sunday Ticket comments it looks like you are.

But the Comcast Redzone is the exact same as Dish's, so it makes sense.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#157 OFFLINE   james2006

james2006

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:16 PM

But the Comcast Redzone is the exact same as Dish's, so it makes sense.

Yeah, it's my understanding that there are only two versions: the one produced by D* and the one produced by NFL Network. Therefore, it stands to reason that Comcast and Dish have the same one. One thing that Dish has that I don't have here on Comcast in San Francisco is HD for the Redzone channel. That, obviously, is the biggest reason I will stick with D*s version. Maybe HD will come next week for SF Comcast; they did not even have the channel available in SD or HD for week 1.

One more thing I wanted to add: it seemed like D* was doing the split-screen thing more than the cable/dish version. Interestingly, D* seems to be going to split-screen a lot more this year than in years prior. (I guess that figures, b/c one of their ads for Sunday Ticket is all about RZC and split-screen.)

All and all I am glad more people are getting to see this channel. I remember the sheer and utter delight that I felt when I first saw RZC. RZC is a whole new way to watch football, especially for fantasy nuts. If you are anything like me, the channel will be the driving force behind getting multiple TVs in your viewing area.

#158 OFFLINE   Dishcomm

Dishcomm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:00 PM

Red Zone is THE BOMB!!!!

#159 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:17 AM

Ok,
I have discovered a HUGE problem with the Redzone channel.
Redzone makes it impossible to keep an eye on the Nascar Races. Normally I have the NASCAR Race on one tuner and bounce between NFL games, now I JUST can't do that. I have the NFL game and the Redzone channel on instead, and the Redzone channel just has to much going on. NASCAR has another problem to contend with now.

#160 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,364 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:35 PM

Ok,
I have discovered a HUGE problem with the Redzone channel.
Redzone makes it impossible to keep an eye on the Nascar Races. Normally I have the NASCAR Race on one tuner and bounce between NFL games, now I JUST can't do that. I have the NFL game and the Redzone channel on instead, and the Redzone channel just has to much going on. NASCAR has another problem to contend with now.

They should have put Joey's crash on the Red Zone channel. Yes, I know that NASCAR isn't the NFL but 7 1/4 flips was worth a replay. I'm glad I have a HD DVR.

spam firewall