The full regular season schedule is on the NHL website, it does provide national and regional coverage for the entire season.
http://www.nhl.com/i...id=NAV|SCH|Main (It does take a few seconds to load (entire season)
http://www.nhl.com/i...id=NAV|SCH|Main (current month - as of 8/24 - preseason schedule is up)
Versus will have 54 regular season games -- all in HD. These games are only available on VS and are not in NHL CI. VERSUS (Channel 603) Sked - http://www.versus.co...icleWrapper.tpl
[edit: VS and Directv carriage agreement expires 8/31 and things aren't going smooth for renewal yet. For more info - http://www.dbstalk.c...d.php?t=163322]
NBC has flex game coverage on selected Sundays (12:30 PM ET) as well as the January 1 Winter Classic. NBC games do not air in NHLCI. This schedule is courtesy of Puckthemedia:
1:00 PM Philadelphia vs. Boston (Winter Classic)
12:30 PM Chicago vs. Detroit
OR Philadelphia vs. Washington
12:30 PM Pittsburgh vs. Philadelphia
OR Boston vs. Carolina
12:30 PM Detroit vs. Pittsburgh
OR Tampa Bay vs. Washington
12:30 PM Pittsburgh vs. Washington
OR Boston vs. Montreal
12:30 PM Boston vs. Pittsburgh
OR Detroit vs. Chicago
OR Carolina vs. Atlanta
12:30 PM Philadelphia vs. NY Rangers
OR Pittsburgh vs. Tampa Bay
OR Washington vs. Chicago
OR Colorado vs. Dallas
12:30 PM NY Rangers vs. Boston
OR Buffalo vs. Carolina
12:30 PM Detroit vs. Philadelphia
TBD Boston vs. Washington
OR NY Rangers vs. Philadelphia
OR Detroit vs. Chicago
NHL NETWORK USA - Last year NHL NET USA (Channel 215) aired HNIC CBC Saturday doubleheaders including pregame and postgame in HD as well as some TSN Wednesday Night Hockey games and about a half dozen of their own productions done in HD. No schedule has been announced yet, except for Sept 14 Preseason Game between Vancouver Canucks and NYIslanders. In 08-09, there were ~75 games on NHL NETWORK USA. These games do not air in NHLCI.
In late September, we should get a tentative short term NHLCI schedule followed soon after by a tentative season long schedule.
Highlights from last year -
* HD Dual feeds in NHLCI when games were on DTV's regional sports channels.
* NHLNET picking up CBC HNIC games in HD was a plus although the post game show was cut off in progress frequently during the first few months of the season.
* For at least one non-televised game (by either team), NHLCI used the scoreboard feed of the game mixed with radio commentary. I want to say it was a Carolina game.
* PPV (from CDN teams - Van, Cal, Edm, Ott) were included several times throughout the year including at times as a dual feed.
Lowlights from last year -
* Loss of Cablevision HD games from the package. Games on MSG/MSG+/FSN NY (etc) - Buffalo (all home games in HD), NYRangers (all games HD), NYIslanders (virtually all in HD), New Jersey (virtually all games in HD) were not available in NHL CI from about mid-way through the year due to a dispute between the NHL and NYR owners - Cablevision. SD games were not affected and HD versions were still available in the local markets on Directv. To be fair, none of these games were available on any other providers. No word on this situation and really it is a no news is bad news situation since DTV contacts would have posted on the boards if things have changed.
* SD PQ of Canadian feeds (Rogers SportsNet and PPV games in particular) were pathetic. Horrible. Not acceptable.
* TSN SD games were only included when absolutely needed, generally not used as a dual feed. Dishnetwork had virtually all TSN SD games in its CI package.
* Sometimes games would be cut off before its conclusion including games in Overtime or Shootout - not acceptable!
Things to improve in NHLCI -
* HD Canadian feeds: Rogers SportsNet, HD PPV, and TSN HD. In Demand had some Canadian feeds in HD last year and MLB EI has used SNET HD feeds this year.
* CSN Philly SD & HD feeds
* Mix Channel would be nice
* Correction of "Lowlights" from above [edit: particularly, MSG/Cablevision HD feeds (thx n3ntj)]
Edited by Oilfan, 25 August 2009 - 11:08 AM.