Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ESPN Gameplan Schedule?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jpuiner

jpuiner

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:29 AM

Howdy,

I bought Gameplan for the first time this year, and I'm trying to find a schedule on Dish Network. Alas, we've had to change our plans this weekend and go out of town, so I'm trying to queue up recordings of a bunch of games.

Does Dish Network have a schedule hidden somewhere like the one for DirectTV? Someone asked this same question on this forum in 2006 (t=63935) but the link in that thread is broken and searching on Dish Network now yields no results.

Can someone who's bought the package before give a rundown on how it works? I see, for example, that the Tennessee game will be shown on channels 412 (Madison Square Garden) and 419 (Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area). Because I bought Gameplan, will one of those channels be unlocked for me? Or should I expect the game to magically appear on one of the game plan channels (455-465) even though there are NO games listed there now on my home DVR? (ViP 722 if it matters).

Thanks for any help. This is the first time I've bought any pay-per-view from Dish in six+ years as a customer and I'm really frustrated with how little information they provide besides more and more ads to buy something I've already paid for.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:14 PM

It will be on the GamePlan channels, but they usually will not populate until that day.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#3 OFFLINE   jpuiner

jpuiner

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:28 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.

I can record games from those channels, correct?

If the schedule isn't available tomorrow, I'll call Dish Network and yell at them until they read it to me over the phone. Then I should be able to pre-program the games for the weekend.

#4 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Registered
  • 692 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:37 PM

To find the GamePlan schedule, look at the EPG for channels 455 - 466, this is where GamePlan has appeared in the past. The games are only offered in SD; at least they were last year, even though ABC or CBS may be carrying a game in HD.

For Big Ten fans, generally the rules fro game carriage are these:

1. ESPN opts for a game on one of their networks (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU or ESPN Classic).
2. Next, the game is offered to ABC (National or Regional). For out of market Big Ten viewers, the regional games end up in SD on ESPN or ESPN alternate channels.
3. Next, Big Ten Network.
4. Finally, ESPN+.

In most cases, a Big Ten game will end up on satellite some place. However, once in a while a game will not end up anywhere, except in GamePlan only. This may be the case for this year's Ohio State - Toledo game.

By the way, the Big Ten Network has multiple channels. The main channels is on 439 (and 9500) , and the alternates are at 9501 - 9504)

Finally, to get Big Ten Network (out of a Big Ten states), you must subscribe to the Multisport Package for $5.99 a month. Considering NFL RedZone also has the same requirement (Multisport), a subscription will take care of both channels at once.

#5 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:40 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.

I can record games from those channels, correct?

If the schedule isn't available tomorrow, I'll call Dish Network and yell at them until they read it to me over the phone. Then I should be able to pre-program the games for the weekend.

Do not expect the schedule to be posted until Friday. You can record them however.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#6 OFFLINE   demarcoc

demarcoc

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:43 AM

Go to the ESPN College Football page and hit "Schedule." Scroll down to Saturday's schedule and you'll see the TV coverage, including if the game is on GamePlan. Some of those games are subject to blackout if they're already available on your ABC local, etc.
Schedule is here: http://espn.go.com/c...otball/schedule
Blackout maps are here: http://sports.espn.g...meplan/blackout

I've had GamePlan for years. I live in Michigan, but I graduated from Arizona State and this lets me watch additional Pac-10 games I can't get from the regional Fox Sports networks I also get through the Multi-Sport pack.

#7 OFFLINE   4bama

4bama

Godfather

• Registered
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

This is one of the best sites for College Football's TV schedule...It includes ALL games that will be televised, Network, Dish and DirecTv channel numbers..it also includes games that will not be televised.

This list is updated every Monday, so only print a week at a time so late schedule changes will be incorporated.

http://www.lsufootba.../tvschedule.htm

Edited by 4bama, 04 September 2009 - 03:44 PM.
typo

Dish 622 DVR, B'ham locals via Dish, Montgomery locals OTA, Winegard on 70' tower + CM7777 preamp

#8 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:33 PM

Dish has Week 1 posted on their site finally.

http://www.dishnetwo...geSchedule.aspx
DISH 625 dvr

Protected By... spam firewall...And...