Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Sat C kit online seller (besides D*)?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DBSPaul

DBSPaul

Mentor/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 01:53 PM

Anyone know of where to get a SatC kit other than through D*? I prefer to stay away from yet another "yearly commitment" deal if I can..

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hankb11

hankb11

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 04:35 PM

I purchased mine on e-bay from opmsatellite. It was 28.95 plus shipping and handling. I received it two days later.

#3 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 04:52 PM

110degrees.com (yes it's a real website :) ) is selling the Sat C kit for $37.95, with free shipping.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#4 OFFLINE   Bob Haller

Bob Haller

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 07:53 PM

Will it fit a standard round E dish? I Or a dish 500? using seperate LNBs? I have line of site issues that will require a seperate dish for 101. so the 3 slot oval dish will not work. I have a extra 500 already aimed at 110 and 119. Can I just install LNBs and go?

Any good sources for D switches. I am planning 3 D TIVOs

At the moment my plan is to put up the dishes, cabing, and switches. Then wait for a great new sub offer. After all your only new once:(

Wonder if D will package a HD TIVO with a HD TV? Anyone who gets a HD TV will want a DVR / TIVO. Frankly I think building a non DVR for HD is a waste of time.

I want to install this myself. I just had AOL out here and after they came to install a dsl net splitter and didnt have a masonary screw to mount it on my home I dont need other clueless people here. At least the guy was pleasant.

#5 OFFLINE   DBSPaul

DBSPaul

Mentor/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:43 PM

Will it fit a standard round E dish? I Or a dish 500? using seperate LNBs?

Bob- I'm running off of old E* stuff info (not the newer DishPro stuff), but the base of D* LNBs is rectangular, while my older E* stuff is more of a "D" shape. So you might have mounting issues with E* equipment. The SatC LNB just shifts the transponders at 110 to "unused" (think D*-wise) transponders at 119 - there is a combiner included that you put on one of the 119 lines (I don't know which polarity yet).

Any good sources for D switches. I am planning 3 D TIVOs

Actually, I saw a Terk 5x8 powered multiswitch at my local Circuit City for something like $159. In the past, I've never seen anything beyond a 4 output multiswitch at a B&M store, so it kinda surprised me.

(Duh. eBay. Why couldn't I think of that?)
:rolleyes:

#6 OFFLINE   Bob Haller

Bob Haller

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 03:02 PM

I would need more than a multiswitch for 3 slot service.

#7 OFFLINE   DBSPaul

DBSPaul

Mentor/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 03:18 PM

I would need more than a multiswitch for 3 slot service.

I'm using one 5x8 multiswitch for 2 slot service for 8 receiver outputs, and by adding a SatC kit (which is ahead of the multiswitch effectively on the 119 slot) that setup will service 3 slots. Don't let 5x8 confuse you - it's really 4x8 + OTA. If you choose to connect an antenna to the multiswitch, then you need diplexors on all the receiver outputs, but I run my antenna feed over separate coax.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...