Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Setting up RC32 remote for Sony

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,712 posts
  • LocationCollege Park MD (just outside Wash, DC)

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:44 PM

I have to somehow program a 19 year old Sony TV that presently is being operated with a replacement, "all in one" remote, in a retirement home. The immediate problem is that the TV is set for "antenna" channel plan, but this retirement has another dozen channels that are on the "cable TV" channel plan, and those channels are not accessible even through direct channel entry.

There is no menu button on the TV, and even when I tried programming a better, All-for-one remote, which has allowed me to use its menu button for a lot of other TVs, it only had one Sony code, 0000, and while that enabled it to perform the basic remote control functions, it did not enable the menu button.

I have a slew of RC32 remotes that came with D11s, and I'd like to try their Sony remote codes, but I don't have a convenient, D-11 receiver to pull up a list of Sony codes.

Is there a print list of D-11 remote programming codes available on the internet, and has anyone ever successfully programmed one for any Sony product, such that its menu button functioned?

Here's a list of Sony TV codes for the RC32 that I found at Remote Central

11100, 10000, 10011, 10080,
10111, 10273, 10353, 10505,
10810, 10834, 11317, 11685,
11904, 11925, 10010

What is the entry regimen? I think it is something like,: Select TV, simultaneously press mute and select, enter code, press power? is that it, and do I have to do anything to get out of programming mode and lock in the entry?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:06 PM

I have to somehow program a 19 year old Sony TV that presently is being operated with a replacement, "all in one" remote, in a retirement home. The immediate problem is that the TV is set for "antenna" channel plan, but this retirement has another dozen channels that are on the "cable TV" channel plan, and those channels are not accessible even through direct channel entry.

There is no menu button on the TV, and even when I tried programming a better, All-for-one remote, which has allowed me to use its menu button for a lot of other TVs, it only had one Sony code, 0000, and while that enabled it to perform the basic remote control functions, it did not enable the menu button.

I have a slew of RC32 remotes that came with D11s, and I'd like to try their Sony remote codes, but I don't have a convenient, D-11 receiver to pull up a list of Sony codes.

Is there a print list of D-11 remote programming codes available on the internet, and has anyone ever successfully programmed one for any Sony product, such that its menu button functioned?

Here's a list of Sony TV codes for the RC32 that I found at Remote Central

11100, 10000, 10011, 10080,
10111, 10273, 10353, 10505,
10810, 10834, 11317, 11685,
11904, 11925, 10010

What is the entry regimen? I think it is something like,: Select TV, simultaneously press mute and select, enter code, press power? is that it, and do I have to do anything to get out of programming mode and lock in the entry?

Nope, thats it.

If the tv has other inputs (unlikely in your case), use the same procedure and use code 960.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#3 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:28 PM

IMO, what you need to go is buy a Sony-branded universal remote. Most others aren't likely to operate the Menu functions, as universal remotes are typically limited to the basic functions only.

http://www.amazon.co...52106888&sr=8-2

This one is $13.10 from Amazon, new.

Otherwise, find someone else with a Sony TV and borrow their remote for 5 minutes. Sony is the most consistant company as far as not changing their remote codes among all the TV brands.

#4 OFFLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,712 posts
  • LocationCollege Park MD (just outside Wash, DC)

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:03 PM

I just tried all 18 codes listed above, and while about half of them got me the basic functions, none got me menu function.

Right now, I will be charging them roughly the price of a new 19" TV to replace this April, 1990 manufactured 19" CRT model KV19TR20, which the Salvation Army wouldn't be willing to take off their hands even if they delivered it to them. I guess I'll buy the Sony universal remote, just so I'll have it on hand to meet future needs.

spam firewall