Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

3D glasses Which ones

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Ashtonian

Ashtonian

AllStar

• Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:44 PM

We rented Coraline and noticed that one side of the disk is 3D this begs the question "Which glasses"

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:01 PM

We rented Coraline and noticed that one side of the disk is 3D this begs the question "Which glasses"

Coraline needs the Magenta and Green glasses. They are a new version of the standard Red and Green glasses. Same glasses used in Journey of the Center of the Earth Blu-Ray. Don't know if you will be able to find them at the corner store.

#3 OFFLINE   Ashtonian

Ashtonian

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:07 PM

Coraline needs the Magenta and Green glasses. They are a new version of the standard Red and Green glasses. Same glasses used in Journey of the Center of the Earth Blu-Ray. Don't know if you will be able to find them at the corner store.

OK I can get them from http://www.rainbowsymphony.com/

Thank You

#4 OFFLINE   Casey21

Casey21

Legend

• Registered
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:40 AM

Hmmm, so you can't use the 3D glasses they give you at the movie theaters to watch the 3D movies? At any rate, I saw Coraline at the movies and I thought it was spectacular. Enjoy!
Home Theater
HR24-200
65 in. Panasonic Plasma VT50
Yamaha RX-A810
Panasonic Blu-ray DMPBDT220

Great Room
HR23-700
46 in. Sharp Aquos LCD
Yamaha RXV-671
Roku-XD

Bedroom
HR20-700
36 in. Sharp Aquos LCD

#5 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:18 AM

OK I can get them from http://www.rainbowsymphony.com/

Thank You

Be careful. As I said before, the Coraline 3D glasses are different than the standard red-green glasses.

You are better off getting the correct glasses here:

http://www.amazon.co...2250160&sr=8-12

Hmmm, so you can't use the 3D glasses they give you at the movie theaters to watch the 3D movies? At any rate, I saw Coraline at the movies and I thought it was spectacular. Enjoy!

The 3D glasses used in the theater have polarizing lenses which is completely different than the home video version of the glasses.

spam firewall