Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Directv Package Question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JAMHRR

JAMHRR

Legend

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 09:14 AM

I am a DTV subscriber and I want to drop the sports package that I currently subscribe too.
I tried to do this online at the DTV website but was unsuccessful. Does anyone know how I can do this online, or do I have to call DTV customer service? :rolleyes:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 02:38 PM

I was under the impression you could do that online as well....what message popped up when you tried to?!!
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#3 OFFLINE   JAMHRR

JAMHRR

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 03:53 PM

I was under the impression you could do that online as well....what message popped up when you tried to?!!

No message popped up. When I went to change package on the my account area it didn't have a link to remove items just to add items to your existing package.

#4 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 04:27 PM

Could be Directv is smartening up and wants you to talk to a CSR so they can try to keep you as a customer.

#5 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 04:34 PM

When you get to the page where you "add" the package, just unclick the Sports option.

1. Log into customer care
2. Choose "Change Programming Package"
3. Pick "Add Premium Services, Additional Services and/or Sports Subscriptions to your Currect Base Package
4. You'll see sports selected, just uncheck the box and hit next.
5. The summary comes up and pick Accept Changes.

The only thing you can't cancel are the Sports Subscriptions such as NFL Sunday Ticket or MLB Extra Innings.

#6 OFFLINE   JAMHRR

JAMHRR

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 04:34 AM

I did choose "Change Programming Package" but whatever option I pick it doesn't come up with an area with "Sports Pack" All it does is list the sports package subscriptions ie: "NFL Sunday Ticket" etc.

I don't want to change the package I have Total Choice w/Locals. All I want to do is delete the Sports Pack from my additional services.

#7 OFFLINE   ka101

ka101

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 06:01 AM

I did choose "Change Programming Package" but whatever option I pick it doesn't come up with an area with "Sports Pack" All it does is list the sports package subscriptions ie: "NFL Sunday Ticket" etc.

I don't want to change the package I have Total Choice w/Locals. All I want to do is delete the Sports Pack from my additional services.

You have to go thru all the choices including reselecting the Total Choice with Locals and then continue to the next page to either select or deselect the checkmarks from the additional packages you either want or don't want and then move to the next screen to confirm. I seem to have no problem...

Bill.......

Protected By... spam firewall...And...