Before I upgrade to the MX-880 can someone explain to me what the equivalent Harmony does that the MX-880 can’t?
- It creates the same activities as on the Harmony and they are editable.
- The software for the MX-880 is not web based and has a huge IR database. The one thing it doesn’t have that I need is my Octava HDMI switch but it will learn from the OEM remote.
- I can have as many different configurations as I can create and upload any one of them to the MX-880 that I choose.
- Up to 48 devices...ok that’s a bit ridiculous. Who needs to support 48 devices?
- As many macros as will fit into memory each up to 255 steps.
- I can create and use custom, color icons for the LCD screen as well as custom backgrounds(I use Gimp to create the png files).
- Lithium ion battery but no cradle. I wish it had a cradle but I can live without it.
- Supports RF via RF base.