Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB Game Mix Gone?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   xzi

xzi

Icon

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:50 AM

I assume the MLB Game Mix (720 and 720-1) is gone because of Sunday Ticket today?

This sucks, but I really hope it's only on Sundays otherwise I'll really be upset.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   colebert

colebert

Legend

• Registered
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:10 AM

I thought the SD version was still up. But yes, there was a message at the bottom of the MLB Gamemix that said it wouldn't be available Sunday (today).

edit: The whole channel is now missing.

#3 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:31 AM

I noticed this as well. This sucks. I guess bandwidth is an issue after all?

#4 OFFLINE   xzi

xzi

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:33 AM

Ya I was wondering if it's bandwidth as well, but I wonder if maybe they just have a limited number of "servers" or whatever generates the Mix channels so they need to borrow the device vs. the bandwidth...

#5 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:38 AM

And since Versus is gone, you you gain their bandwidth. Plus they removed the SD version as well.

#6 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:49 PM

Called DirecTV and asked to speak with a supervisor to complain about the removal of a channel that I am paying extra for. They are prorating my EI package for the rest of the year. They are removing $69 off of my subscription.

I asked them if this will be an issue every Sunday and they told me it was a technical issue with the server and software and it should be up next Sunday. Has to do with the interactive feature of both mix channels or something like that. They said it was not a bandwidth problem.

#7 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,180 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 02:41 PM

I asked them if this will be an issue every Sunday and they told me it was a technical issue with the server and software and it should be up next Sunday. Has to do with the interactive feature of both mix channels or something like that. They said it was not a bandwidth problem.

Been tracking this all day. Will post the details in the other thread. Tend to believe the technical issue since bandwidth is available. Will watch next weekend. They took down MLB HD Mix this morning.
DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#8 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:12 PM

One would have to believe MLB Game Mix was taken off today because of the bandwidth needed for NFL Sunday Ticket games. There are only 3 more Sundays to go until regular season baseball is history for the year anyway.

#9 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,180 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:18 PM

First, it's probably more related to the technology infrastructure needed to create a Mix channel, then HD bandwidth. Second, I'd be absolutely mortified to ever call to complain about missing a channel for a few hours on a Sunday, but I know everyone's threshold for acceptance is different. Geez, it's been 30+ HD channels every day for 6 months.
DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#10 OFFLINE   Dcm210

Dcm210

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:06 AM

its back on
DTV customer since 2002
recievers-HD-DVR,three SD receivers
sports packages-NFL ST,MLB EI,ESPN Gameplan,and NHL CI,
premuims-HBO,Cinemax,sports pack and Showtime
TV-Sharp Aquas 37 inch 1080p

#11 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:15 AM

Last year DirecTV did similar when they removed Strike Zone on Sunday afternoons. Because, as everyone knows, the games in September don't mean anything. How about they black out Redzone in December?

#12 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,085 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:36 PM

Looks like this Sunday MLB Game Mix HD will be shutdown again. Looking at the guide it's there until 5AM central on Sunday when it changes to Upcoming:MLB HD Game Mix and stays that way until 5AM central on Monday when it goes back to MLB HD Game Mix. Guess it is a bandwidth problem and not a server problem.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#13 OFFLINE   skizer

skizer

AllStar

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:07 PM

I think it sucks that they remove a "premium" channel on the last 4 sundays of the season, in order to free up bandwith for NFL:ST.

I paid extra for this package, and while granted I don't watch the mix channel much during the day, it was paid for and advertised as one of the benefits of MLB EI.

#14 OFFLINE   Movieman

Movieman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

Not sure why. I check my HR23 through 8pm Sunday and it still showed on channel 720-1.

#15 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,085 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 18 September 2009 - 05:00 PM

Not sure why. I check my HR23 through 8pm Sunday and it still showed on channel 720-1.

Just checked my HR21-100 and it shows Upcoming for the 12 hours of 5AM to 5PM on Sunday, durning all other times it doesn't say upcoming.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#16 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:08 PM

I still have trouble buying the bandwidth argument in this day and age. How about dumping the music channels in the 800 series. Does anyone really listen to those stations throught he TV?

Edited by Boston_bill, 19 September 2009 - 06:14 PM.

#17 OFFLINE   pbg

pbg

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:33 PM

I still have trouble buying the bandwidth argument in this day and age. How about dumping the music channels in the 800 series. Does anyone really listen to those stations throught he TV?

I work from home, and listen to them 8 hours a day. Through my stereo, not the TV. I love having them. Besides, from what I understand their bandwidth is minimal. I think also DirecTV gets paid to carry them.

#18 OFFLINE   ronsanjim

ronsanjim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts
  • LocationCherokee Village, AR

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

I paid extra for this package, and while granted I don't watch the mix channel much during the day, it was paid for and advertised as one of the benefits of MLB EI.

Right On. My sentiments exactly. We paid for it!

#19 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:04 AM

I think it sucks that they remove a "premium" channel on the last 4 sundays of the season, in order to free up bandwith for NFL:ST.

And during the most important month of the seas at that.

#20 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:04 AM

Call them and complain, they will credit your account. They did so with me. I got $69 back.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...