Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

PVR501 and transferring the movies to computer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2002 - 08:53 AM

Does anyone know how you can get the movies stored in the pvr501 out of the system, and save them to a computer?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 13 April 2002 - 09:03 AM

The only way to do this is output the video to a TV Tuner card on your PC. (You cant transfer the data directly to a PC due to copyright issues)

#3 OFFLINE   rabenklau

rabenklau

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 April 2002 - 02:00 PM

I've tried it with my USB Dazzle Video Creator and burnt as VCD file. It worked pretty well just loosing just a little quality if any.
---------------------------------
Michael

#4 OFFLINE   DarrellP

DarrellP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 03:42 PM

I have an ATI All In Wonder Tuner/Capture card that I run mine into. It has S-Video and composite in. I don't like using it because it is a disc hog.

It is nice just for watching what's on though, I can resize the window on my computer screen to any size I want. I usually pop open a small window and place it in the upper right hand corner, turn on the sound or wear my headphones from my Home Theater and browse the net.

It has an option to "stay on top" so it won't go under another window and stays visible all the time. Another cool thing about it is that the display is progressive so there are no scan lines. Makes the picture look a lot better.
<---- I wish she was my girlfriend. :D

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2002 - 08:50 AM

To DarrellP

Did you know you can also show the TV inside Internet Explorer? Go to View, Explorer Bar, ATI TV. It will show the TV in the Left Bar that pops up when you search.

RMoore3d

#6 OFFLINE   bogi

bogi

Godfather

• Registered
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 11:15 AM

Search the Internet for Tivo Hacks and then see if anywebsite has any other Pvr information.

The way I understand it is that your going to have to take out hd and void any warranty you have. Its not worth it but i think it is possible.

#7 OFFLINE   nicepants

nicepants

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 April 2002 - 02:27 PM

I'm pretty sure that what is recorded on the disk is actually the actual program stream. So even if you COULD transfer the actual data to your computer, you'd have to decode the stream just like the receiver does when you're watching the show.

#8 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 28 April 2002 - 02:31 PM

The second layer of the stream is recorded not the entire stream. The first layer contains all the security stuff.

This is why you can record something off HBO and then cancel HBO yet stil be able to watch what you recorded off of HBO even though you do not have a HBO subscription.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...