Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

looking for a technical HD answer on the receiver

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   houset

houset

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 02:44 PM

Hello all,

I am a prospective Directv customer, now i just need a someone technical answer if anyone can provide.

I want to switch to directv, partially due to having my locals, but the other is HD.

I have a Toshiba 50H81 Widescreen, which supports Native 480p and 1080i. It however does not support 720p..

My question is: What happens to ESPN HD? Does this channel get upconverted (or downconverted if you will) to 1080i by the reciever. What receivers supports this conversion? My Tv will not support this mode natively. Thanks for reply

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tammyandlee

tammyandlee

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 04:37 PM

My hughes box upconverts it to 1080i

#3 OFFLINE   SD493

SD493

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 07:57 PM

My hughes box upconverts it to 1080i

Don't worry. Any of the directv receivers will side convert 720p to
1080i. Don't worry about image quality, you will not be able to tell it from a 1080i broadcast (at least to my eyes).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...