Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Crank 2 Blu-Ray Disaster

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,290 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:44 PM

The popular movie Crank 2 has proven to be a Blu-Ray Disaster. Personally I am on my second rental copy that will not play... a problem that apparently is rampant....

I received this e-mail tonight from Netflix:

Important information about Crank 2: High Voltage

Due to a technical problem with the Blu-ray version of Crank 2: High Voltage, some Blu-ray players have not been able to play this title.

We are working with our distributor to get replacement discs as quickly as possible and expect to receive them within a couple of weeks. If this title does not work in your Blu-ray player, you will need to add Crank 2: High Voltage back to your Queue if you would like to rent this title again.

Due to this problem, we are giving you a bonus rental to use at your convenience. The bonus rental will automatically be applied to your account. To redeem, log into your account and access your Queue. Then click the "Use the Bonus Rental" button located at the top of Your Queue.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. If you need further assistance, please call us at 1-866-923-0898.

-The Netflix Team

The studio idiots at Lions Gate apparently want all Blu Ray 2.0 players to have an SD card present so they can download something or other or the disc doesn't play...
Larry R. Flowers
Winder (Atlanta) GA
Twitter @larryflowers
HR20-700 HR23-700 H24-100
1st DirecTV Receiver Install Nov 1994
i'm a PC Guy

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:48 PM

I received the same email the other day from Netflix but I had already watched it and sent it back. My Blu-Ray player took about 90 seconds to load it but it did load.

#3 OFFLINE   LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,290 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:09 PM

I received the same email the other day from Netflix but I had already watched it and sent it back. My Blu-Ray player took about 90 seconds to load it but it did load.

Was your player a Series 2?
Larry R. Flowers
Winder (Atlanta) GA
Twitter @larryflowers
HR20-700 HR23-700 H24-100
1st DirecTV Receiver Install Nov 1994
i'm a PC Guy

#4 OFFLINE   bobukcat

bobukcat

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:22 AM

Was your player a Series 2?

Larry, what BD player are you using and if it's connected to the internet did you try pulling the ethernet cable out before putting the disc back in?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...