Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Upgraded to 722 with ota module

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   biz

biz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:49 AM

I had a 622, and had no issues getting my local OTA channels to appear. I split my cable that runs to the OTA antenna into the tv as well as backup and it got the channels.

Now ti Upgraded to the 722, and I noticed after scanning, that it does not pick up my local CBS station. Now that Dish offers all of our locals in HD, and with the various mapdowns etc, there are plenty of choices to record this.

I'm curious about not getting it via the new reciever though.

I double checked and went to the TV and viewed locals directly and it is still there.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,565 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:55 AM

It would appear that you have a ViP722K as opposed to a ViP722.

Yes, the distinction absolutely important.

Have you tried running the antenna straight to the DVR?

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,531 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:18 AM

Harsh is correct... The BIG difference in a 722K vs a 722 is the 722K OTA module supports 2 simultaneous OTA channels for recording... which means the 722K internally splits that OTA signal again.

This makes a huge difference from your previous once-split situation. Entirely possible that this 2nd split is too much for the channel you are losing.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

spam firewall