Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Lou Piniella Suspends Milton Bradley for the Rest of the Season

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:33 PM

Lou Piniella has suspended right fielder Milton Bradley for the rest of the 2009 season. Link here from the Chicago Cubs web site. http://chicago.cubs....t=.jsp&c_id=chc

Edited by Msguy, 20 September 2009 - 08:49 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 893 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:06 PM

I can't say this would surprise anyone that has had Milton playing for "their" team, he seems to wear out his welcom rather quickly.

#3 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:49 PM

Lou Piniella has suspended right fielder Milton Bradley for the rest of the 2009 season. Link here from the Chicago Bears web site. http://chicago.cubs....t=.jsp&c_id=chc

I didn't realize Milton Bradley was a 2 sport star. ;)

I'm mildly surprised by this. I know he has a reputation as a malcontent, and Lou isn't exactly an angel himself. But when they had a little dustup earlier in the season, milton said all the right things, and seemed, at the time, to "get it"...

Of course, profesional athletes all around the world are experts at "saying the right things", especially when the cameras are rolling... so to that end...

...It's pretty much par for the course with Milton.
"There's a statistical theory that if you gave a million monkey's typewriters and set them to work, they'd eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we now know this isn't true" -Ian Hart

#4 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:49 PM

That was a typing Error. I was so into the Bears defeating the Steelers today i had the Bears on my mind more so than the Cubs.

#5 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,811 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:26 PM

According to the article, it was the GM that suspended Bradley, and Piniella stated he supports the GM's decision. I don't follow the Cubs closely, but it's the right thing to do - on a team you can't have that type of disruption.

#6 OFFLINE   paja

paja

Godfather

• Registered
  • 420 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:33 PM

The CUBS new owners need to "suspend" both GM Jim Hendry and Manager Lou PInella. Better yet, dump both of those losers!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...