Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Plaxico Burress was lucky.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:32 PM

Plaxico Burress just got two years for shooting himself with a gun last year in a New York night club. If he had kill himself, he would have probably gotten life.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:41 PM

Yes, Plaxico Burress is lucky he didn't kill someone.

He could have been even luckier if he wasn't dumber than a box of rocks. From what I understand, his lawyer had worked out several plea bargains early in the ordeal that would have netted him less than 6 months of jail time.

He, apparently, thought he shouldn't have to serve any jail time, and so because of his stupidity he's facing 2 years instead of what I read could have been 2 months.
"There's a statistical theory that if you gave a million monkey's typewriters and set them to work, they'd eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we now know this isn't true" -Ian Hart

#3 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:26 PM

Life is funny. Delonte West of the Cleveland Cavalier's was arrested in Maryland for being in possession of three firearms. I believe that the most he faces is a misdemeanor charge.
Yet if the had kill somebody, he would be facing the death penalty. Plaxico Burress would have gotten a similar sentence in Maryland for the gun charge, but a life sentence in New York for killing someone.

#4 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,117 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:42 PM

Plaxico Burress just got two years for shooting himself with a gun last year in a New York night club. If he had kill himself, he would have probably gotten life.

If he killed himself he would have gotten life??? :confused:

Also, how is it that you thought this was for the Laughter Is The Best Medicine sub forum? I guess I missed the joke.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#5 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:56 PM

If he killed himself he would have gotten life??? :confused:

Also, how is it that you thought this was for the Laughter Is The Best Medicine sub forum? I guess I missed the joke.

The fact that he kill himself and got life was the joke. Since when does a joke have to make sense.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...