Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New iPhone App version

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,910 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:56 PM

1.3.7 now in the App store. Only release note is "Addresses issues reported by customers."

Sorry forgot there was a Supercast app. This is the remote scheduler app.

Edited by dpeters11, 23 September 2009 - 09:08 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   roadrunner1782

roadrunner1782

Icon

• Registered
  • 748 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:40 PM

Appreciate the info. I believe i download that now.

#3 OFFLINE   mixer99

mixer99

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:43 AM

One of the big things this is missing is the ability to specify 'record all' or 'only record new' for series. I don't know the specific verbiage DTV uses, but when I remotely book this via my iphone, I have to go back to the DVR when I get home and specify to only record new.

#4 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,910 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:12 AM

One of the big things this is missing is the ability to specify 'record all' or 'only record new' for series. I don't know the specific verbiage DTV uses, but when I remotely book this via my iphone, I have to go back to the DVR when I get home and specify to only record new.

Agreed. I think that's one of the last features I'm really missing.

#5 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:26 AM

Agreed. I think that's one of the last features I'm really missing.

If you set your default recording options to First Run Only on each DVR, then you have a slight workaround depending on preference and circumstances.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   jhillestad

jhillestad

Godfather

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:37 AM

Dont see anything new with this version.....
I was hoping to see a ' favorite channels ' section so I can easily weed out channels I do not watch by using a favorites list in the app itself.

#7 OFFLINE   psychobabbler

psychobabbler

Legend

• Registered
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:50 AM

I'd also like to be able to extend my recordings through the app. I schedule everything through this when recording on my upstairs DVR. It works great, but these two features would be nice.
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

HR20-700 via HDMI to Samsung DLP
HR21-700 via HDMI to Samsung Plasma
HR22-100 via HDMI to Samsung LCD
Networked

#8 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 12,910 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:45 PM

I'd also like to be able to extend my recordings through the app. I schedule everything through this when recording on my upstairs DVR. It works great, but these two features would be nice.

Oh good I'm not the only one that sets up recordings upstairs while sitting on the couch downstairs :)

#9 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,478 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:55 PM

Mine aren't upstairs, but it's easier than walking!

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#10 OFFLINE   crazy4dss

crazy4dss

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 03:01 AM

There's no real way to do this unless u have on demand type dvrs. then you would have to give dtv rights to acess your unit if you want to do remote scheduilng for season passes, plus you would not know if the show will be in conflict with something else you do not want to miss.
  • My HD Toys: 6-HR23-700**2 HR21-700
  • My DVR Toys: 3-R22-100
  • MyTivo Toys:1-DVR-R10

Protected By... spam firewall...And...