Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Directv On Demand channel unavailable issue and picture quality

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mark Walters

Mark Walters

Legend

• Registered
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:24 AM

I'm getting 1236 (E!) is currently not available message. I tried resetting my box - and then I restored network default settings and re-established my internet connection. I waited 24 hours but still can't pick up E! on demand.

All my other HD DVR's pick up the channel; I'm wondering why this HR23 box won't. Any suggestions? Thx

Also, the movies from the Starz free view VOD didn't look so great on an HDTV. I'm surprised they didn't have the movies available for download in HD. I might have subscribed after the free view, but I assume it's that way for the other VOD premiums. I would want to access the on demand shows and films in HD of course!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Movieman

Movieman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:24 PM

Im not sure about the E channel issue as I have the HR23 and its there just fine. In terms of PQ I have never had a problem with it. Not sure if its a network issue for you or the content was bad. I hope someone else will jump in and maybe give you more info.

spam firewall