Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Costco - No Longer "Selling" Receivers?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MadMac

MadMac

Legend

• Registered
  • 239 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:37 PM

At least, it looked like it in my local one this evening. No sign of any receivers/DVRs on the shelves. A check of their website showed none either, although there is still a "deal" for new subscribers. Have they decided it's not worth the hassle of returns etc.?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,730 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:41 PM

At least, it looked like it in my local one this evening. No sign of any receivers/DVRs on the shelves. A check of their website showed none either, although there is still a "deal" for new subscribers. Have they decided it's not worth the hassle of returns etc.?

My Costco has units some weeks, and none the next, but the display is almost always there... Check back in a week and see whats there.. You never know...

#3 OFFLINE   MadMac

MadMac

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 239 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:45 PM

That's the interesting part...you wouldn't know they'd ever offered them at my local one. No sign of anything relating to D*.

#4 OFFLINE   wildbill129

wildbill129

Godfather

• Registered
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:05 PM

They had them at mine a few days ago.

#5 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:36 AM

As of two weeks ago my local Costco had a full pallet of HR22s sitting there, so I'd say it's a local issue.

As to never knowing Costco carried them, well Costco is like that near me: if they run out of something they immediately fill the gap with something else. They just don't like the empty gaps...

#6 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,081 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:02 AM

My local Costco had 2 full pallets when I went yesterday.

#7 OFFLINE   beer_geek

beer_geek

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:38 AM

To those that still see them in the store:

Please check the pricing label. Is there an * on it? If so, that means they will not be getting any more product.

My local doesn't have the labels. It just says to go over to the wireless phone kiosk for more information. There was a crowd on saturday so I didn't get to ask them about it.

#8 OFFLINE   ATARI

ATARI

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:34 AM

None at the Madison, WI Costco as of last week.

Usually there is a pallet or two.

At the time I thought they just might be out, but apparently it's nationwide and not just local.

Let the speculation begin -- temporary shortages, stopped selling altogether, or clearing out old stock to make make way for the brand new HR30s with TiVo just in time for Christmas! :D:grin::D

#9 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:12 PM

At least 2 skids on the floor in Union NJ at 1PM today ... no "asterisk" with the SKU.

To those that still see them in the store:

Please check the pricing label. Is there an * on it? If so, that means they will not be getting any more product.

My local doesn't have the labels. It just says to go over to the wireless phone kiosk for more information. There was a crowd on saturday so I didn't get to ask them about it.

#10 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:17 PM

I saw a pallet of HR22's when I recently went to my local Costco in the Dallas area. Also, they still advertise Directv on their website [Link]
HR34-700, HR22-100

#11 OFFLINE   Movieman

Movieman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:37 PM

My Costco has plenty.

#12 OFFLINE   BKC

BKC

Icon

• Banned User
  • 682 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:54 PM

None here but then I don't have a Costco either. :D

#13 OFFLINE   phat78boy

phat78boy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:12 PM

My Costco seems to have only had the HD DVR for the last several months. They used to carry the both the HD DVR and the HD box. They do still have the plenty of the HD DVR boxes and no * on the tag.

#14 OFFLINE   rudeney

rudeney

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:53 PM

My local Costco has only sold HD-DVR's and nothing else. They seem to either have a whole palette, or none at all. They had a full palette today.

#15 OFFLINE   Matman

Matman

Legend

• Registered
  • 238 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:15 PM

Full pallete of DVR's here in Burlington last nite.
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
~Leonardo da Vinci

#16 OFFLINE   MadMac

MadMac

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:51 PM

I found a somewhat inconspicuous pallet of HD-DVRs at a different Costco today. From some informal discussion with the staff there, they now only carry those, although some warehouses may have a few receiver-only units left over from when they used to stock them.

#17 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,204 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:32 AM

At least 2 skids on the floor in Union NJ at 1PM today ... no "asterisk" with the SKU.

I had a feeling that you were from NJ. :lol: Very sensible, well thought out posts.

Rich

spam firewall