Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Free NFL RedZone this weekend

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 822 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:45 AM

Found a 1 minute commercial on my DVR this morning for free RedZone on October 4. I thought they should have offered it free the first weekend just to get people interested. I'll check it out but don't expect to pay $6/month for it. I want to watch my home team games and the way the Bears are playing so far you don't want to miss a second. Their bursts of brilliance are brief.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:27 AM

Found a 1 minute commercial on my DVR this morning for free RedZone on October 4. I thought they should have offered it free the first weekend just to get people interested. I'll check it out but don't expect to pay $6/month for it. I want to watch my home team games and the way the Bears are playing so far you don't want to miss a second. Their bursts of brilliance are brief.

Just remember its not $6 for just the NFL Redzone, you also get all the extra college football games on Saturday. To bad the Bears play the Lions early, as the Redzone is diffently, busier in the morning, you should be able to watch plenty of the Redzone while watching that snoozezone game. Use your PiP, in the morning, and swap over during the commercial breaks and timeouts. Amazing how long those things really are.

#3 OFFLINE   tymekeeper

tymekeeper

Legend

• Registered
  • 158 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:27 PM

They should give us bronze subscribers NFL network back for FREE !!

#4 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:45 PM

They should give us bronze subscribers NFL network back for FREE !!

The NFL Network should have done what their contract said and they would still be getting paid for the bronze subs.
Dish Customer since 12/13/03
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,528 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:10 PM

Posted Image

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Sept 30, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- DISH Network, L.L.C., a subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH), and NFL Network today announced a free preview of NFL RedZone for all DISH Network customers on Sunday, Oct. 4, 2009.

"Over the past few weeks, our customers have told us their Sunday afternoons have changed forever," said Ira Bahr, Chief Marketing Officer for DISH Network. "Now, we are pleased to offer NFL Network's NFL RedZone for free to all our subscribers so they can catch every touchdown from every game."

NFL RedZone, produced by NFL Network, whips around every NFL game on Sunday afternoons delivering touchdowns and the most exciting moments live, in high definition. The channel keeps fans up to date in real-time, switching from game to game with live look-ins, highlights and a chance to see every important play. Host Scott Hanson brings viewers real-time scoring and fantasy updates from a new state-of-the-art NFL RedZone studio at the NFL Network headquarters in Los Angeles.
DISH Network's free preview of NFL RedZone will begin on Sunday, Oct. 4 at 1:00 p.m. ET and go until 4:15 p.m. ET on Channel 155 in both high definition and standard definition. NFL RedZone is part of DISH Network's Multi-Sports Package, which is available to most customers at $5.99 per month or $49.99 per year.

For more information on NFL RedZone, visit www.nfl.com/redzonetv. For more information on DISH Network, visit www.dishnetwork.com.
About DISH Network, L.L.C.

DISH Network, L.L.C., the nation's HD leader, provides approximately 13.610 million satellite TV customers as of June 30, 2009 with the highest quality programming and technology at the best value, including the lowest all-digital price nationwide. Customers have access to hundreds of video and audio channels, the most HD channels, the most international channels, state-of-the-art interactive TV applications, and award-winning HD and DVR technology including 1080p Video on Demand and the ViP(® )722 HD DVR, a CNET and PC Magazine "Editors' Choice." Visit www.dishnetwork.com.

SOURCE DISH Network, L.L.C.
http://www.dishnetwork.com
Copyright © 2009 PR Newswire. All rights reserved

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#6 OFFLINE   CoolGui

CoolGui

Icon

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:17 PM

Can I get a portion of the 5.99 I'm paying for the multi-sports pack back for this weekend? I mean, since I'm only paying for it for the Red Zone channel...

Don't answer that, I'm being facetious... but really they should

DirecTV - Slimline-3S (SWM) - Premiere + HD + MRV + HD Extra
Living Room : HR24/200 - Panasonic TH-50PX60U 50" Plasma - Onkyo TX-SR606B Audio Receiver - PS3 80GB - Wii - Slingbox Classic
Bed Room : H24/200 - LG 32LD450 32" LCD - Xbox 360S 250GB

#7 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,528 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:29 PM

Can I get a portion of the 5.99 I'm paying for the multi-sports pack back for this weekend? I mean, since I'm only paying for it for the Red Zone channel...

I know you aren't serious :)

Folks on the DirecTV side, however, have been a little angrier at a couple of weeks worth of free Sunday Ticket. If I'm paying $5.99 for the multisport or even $10 for HBO, I don't mind a freebie now and then that I technically already paid for... but if I were ponying $300 for the Sunday Ticket and then they gave previews of that I'd ask your question and actually be serious.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#8 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:20 PM

NO NO NO,
Your are buying Multi-Sports for the College Football season and are happy that they are adding at no extra cost, the NFL Redzone, and you are not sure, that you would buy the NFL Redzone seperatly.

;);):)

#9 OFFLINE   nickg2

nickg2

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:26 PM

no reason for anyone having to sub to the sports package to get Redzone when you don't need to do so to get NFL Network. what a ripoff. how many times can you watch "best damn sports" on the RSNs that you get by subbing to the sports package.

#10 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:13 PM

Well the RSN's have been avg about 8 extra college Football games a weekend, not to mention MLS Soccer, and some good UEFA Soccer games.

#11 OFFLINE   Slamminc11

Slamminc11

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:31 AM

no reason for anyone having to sub to the sports package to get Redzone when you don't need to do so to get NFL Network. what a ripoff. how many times can you watch "best damn sports" on the RSNs that you get by subbing to the sports package.

The reason is because that where Dish and the NFL decided to agree to put the channel. Reading all the posts about this channel on this and other discussion forums, your "ripoff" doesn't hold true. I have yet to see a post anywhere that says they don't think this channel is worth it. Nice try tho!

#12 OFFLINE   wreck

wreck

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 11:49 AM

I like Redzone (don't get me wrong) -- but I'm kind of getting "dizzy"! LOL

#13 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:03 PM

The morning games, lots of ADD going on.
Looks like the Free weekend wasn't a Dish promo, but a NFL Redzone Promo.

Edited by GrumpyBear, 04 October 2009 - 02:28 PM.

#14 OFFLINE   jlluck

jlluck

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:09 PM

Only for half the day??? Weak. And it's not clear what channel the HD version is on?? Had to call CS to find out (in the 9000 range). Seems the SD is lasting longer than the half day. Just don't know if it's worth the exta $.
Thanks for the preview tho NFL, er D or whomever gave it.

#15 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 822 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:41 PM

What a waste of bandwidth! Maybe the fantasy football guys and the big sports bettors like it but it's a total waste if you are a fan of a particular team.

#16 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:54 PM

Only for half the day??? Weak. And it's not clear what channel the HD version is on?? Had to call CS to find out (in the 9000 range). Seems the SD is lasting longer than the half day. Just don't know if it's worth the exta $.
Thanks for the preview tho NFL, er D or whomever gave it.

HD channel is on Channel 155, unless you don't use the map downs. I am not viewing the preview,
but the Redzone is still going.

#17 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:00 PM

What a waste of bandwidth! Maybe the fantasy football guys and the big sports bettors like it but it's a total waste if you are a fan of a particular team.

Well if your aren't in your teams market, its more afforable to see them score, be scored on, fumbles, and interceptions, all the key plays, live or close to it. Only other choice when you are out of market,is to spend $400 to see you team in HD. If you live in a market were your team plays on Sunday nites or Monday nites, you get to follow all the games, while waiting for your team to play.

#18 OFFLINE   MadScientist

MadScientist

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:06 PM

I see only 155 SD no 155 HD! I have all other SD and HD Channels next to each other, but this one?

#19 OFFLINE   wreck

wreck

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:49 PM

I watched the early games in HD @ 9483 -- I cannot tell you anything since then!

#20 OFFLINE   Cabby

Cabby

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

The whole marketing campaign for this is to see all the highlights in HD, yet the preview was SD.... makes no sense. Turned it on... "What the hell is this SD?" Turned it off.

Really bad marketing, that turns more people off that may have had interest before the preview.

spam firewall