Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Current deals

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   arlinv

arlinv

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:15 AM

I have four XM radios (three cars and one in house) and it maddens me to read on multiple forums that you have to fight to get a reasonable price. I maddens me even more that the folks we call are not even in this country and don't understand half of what I'm saying.

I wish XM would just settle on a reasonable fee for everyone....if they want everyone on $5 a month/radio, then they should just do that instead of shunting everyone who threatens "cancel" to the cancellation department to get that fee. I also wish that more of the CS reps were located in the U.S. simply so we can understand one another.

/rant

I have two XM, as well as a new vehicle with Sirius. Called a couple of weeks ago to set up my account after the trial period with Sirius. Asked to merge my accounts so that I could get a better rate on the extra radios. When they explained that they still can't merge accounts, I asked what I had to do to get a better rate for the XM. Of course they said to call XM. I just did and, although I had to wait and wait and wait, when I finally spoke to retention they immediately offered $77 per radio for a year. I asked if that was all inclusive, and was told it didn't include taxes or the Royalty fees. Without much prompting they gave it to me for $77 with everything. Both reps I spoke with were in the US.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   sobal

sobal

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:24 AM

If you call to cancel, also be prepared for them to NOT offer a deal. I called to cancel a radio I haven't listened to for a few months (I have another) and they made absolutely no effort to keep my radio at a better deal. They just canceled it and that was it.

#23 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:59 PM

If you call to cancel, also be prepared for them to NOT offer a deal. I called to cancel a radio I haven't listened to for a few months (I have another) and they made absolutely no effort to keep my radio at a better deal. They just canceled it and that was it.

Did you ask for a better deal? This almost happened to me but I asked for the 5mths/$20 deal and retention gave it to me. If you don't ask for it they aren't just going to offer it to you.
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#24 OFFLINE   thart

thart

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:11 PM

Called today and got the $77/year (before taxes and fees) deal on the 4 radios on my account. Was not a problem.
HR20-700 (0x241) on UPS, networked via WGA54G, WMP11, VOD Enabled, BBC's Connected
R15-500 (0x121A) on UPS
AT9 Dish
OTA (Attic mounted)

#25 OFFLINE   turnbjr

turnbjr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:44 PM

Thanks for the heads-up.

I got it for $77 thanks to you guys.

#26 OFFLINE   redhot

redhot

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:07 PM

Okay..........my main radio 1 year deal is up. I last paid $84? last time. I called today, back to back deal are no longer accepted. New rate would be $151.80 for a year. I have 2 other radios I am paying $25.00 for 5 months each, which is okay. Are there any other deal out there for a 1 year, main radio rate?
HR24-100.....Vizio 47" Apps
HR24-100.....Vizio 22" Apps
HR24-100.....Vizio 32"

#27 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:47 PM

Did you speak with the Retention Dept.?
Gary

#28 OFFLINE   MrBill64

MrBill64

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:14 AM

When you call just say "cancel" at every prompt. Then when a live person answers ask if there is any way to reduce the cost of renewing your subscription. See what they offer and even bring up the $84/yr deal that you got last year if they don't offer that. Weigh your options and decide what you want to do. I am willing to bet your $84 deal will be offered as well as a few other choices.

#29 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:31 AM

They seem to be taking a harder line lately. I cancelled one radio and the emails are now up to offers of $5 per for 5 months.
Gary

#30 OFFLINE   wxguy

wxguy

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

I was just given a deactivated radio. I called to ask about one of the offers talked about in this topic. No Joy. Full price sub was all the CSR would do. It is a cute little doorstop, though.

Guess I'll wait and see if they offer me a deal down the road.

#31 OFFLINE   cpdretired

cpdretired

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:02 AM

My daughter paid for one year in advance using her credit card. XM did send a 3 month bill after the year was up. She did not want XM as there were no deals available. The XM service remained on. One day a collection company calls. They want three months payment even though her year was up. She did pay for the three months to avoid a blemish on her credit.

Here is my question. Once your years payment for service is over shouldn't XM turn off the service. The service is off at this time. I told her to call XM and demand a charge credit for the 3 months that she didn't request.

#32 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,087 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:06 AM

Depends on the original contract agreement, if it autorenews or not. If it does, then she would be responsible for calling them to cancel before the first year was up.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#33 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:08 PM

Never give this company a credit card number unless it is a one time number. I always pay by check.
Gary

#34 OFFLINE   Garry L

Garry L

Cool Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:40 AM

Just got same deal as last year for my two radios. Both for $157.18.

#35 OFFLINE   Garry L

Garry L

Cool Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

I should have mentioned $77 per Sirius radio + fees - refunds for prepaying a week early.

#36 OFFLINE   wxguy

wxguy

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:54 PM

The deactivated radio I got is now on the air. CSR said no problem reactivating it under my new account. 6 mo for $25 was the offer. :) Have no idea why they wouldn't do that deal the first time I called. My daughter says they operate under the same mode as phone companies, so that could explain why their way of doing business is frustrating sometime.

#37 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:08 AM

No so good deal after 6 months though.
Gary

#38 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,070 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:47 PM

I know Sirius better have some kind of deal going for renewals. I paid $183 for 18 months now they want $186 for 12. I might cancel if I can't find anything better. I don't feel like paying for the Stern contract.

Stern still there huh? I was going buy a XM receiver to get liberal radio. I hate Stern.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#39 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:54 PM

Stern still there huh? I was going buy a XM receiver to get liberal radio. I hate Stern.

You quoted a post > 2 years old so who knows?
Gary

#40 OFFLINE   ffdoug

ffdoug

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

Getting tired every year trying to figure out how they bill. I renewed this past Aug 2011 for 1 year. I renewed 4 radios. Did the usual, but the number I had that would be to a USA office put me into a third world country. They had no deals to offer me, so told them I wanted to cancel which finally got me to the USA retentions dept. They gave me $77 for each radio for the year, I had to play their game by saying XM is too expensive I would cancel if it wasn't for the lower coast offered, and I giver xm permission to charge my card. Had to do this four times. After this was done I get my invoice in the mail which shows a cheaper balance due to some "credits" on my account. NOw jump to Dec 2011, 2 of radios switches to family and friends programming, my primary radio goes to premier (best of sirius) the other radio stays the same (regular programming) See a charge on my card for $38 x2. Make this long story short, After 1 hour on phone and being disconnected they say someting about those radios were 6 months subscription. I called back few days later (USA office), explained my situation. all radios renewed in aug for 1 year why did these radios renew for 6 months. they couldn't not answer that clueless. This is what they did, credit my account for the $76 charge, and took the two radios and renewed them for one year from 1/10/11, no extra charge. I should of took the lifetime when it was offered!

spam firewall