Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Current deals

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   cpdretired

cpdretired

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

My daughter let her service expire. She waited two months. The retention dept. called from the USA. She was given 6 months for $24.99 or 12 for $86.00.

She was told to call this phone number.
877-224-8720

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

6 months for $24.99 or 12 for $86.00.

makes no sense to me.
Gary

#43 OFFLINE   cpdretired

cpdretired

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

Maybe its a teaser rate.

#44 OFFLINE   wxguy

wxguy

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

Maybe its a teaser rate.

My daughter had her radio and my radio on the same account and we dropped it. They sent her an email to do the 6 mo/$25 and I called and got mine activated on my own account at that rate. Will have to do the cancel deal and work the system to get a good rate in 6 mo, but that is the game we have to play.

I like to be teased if I can save a few bucks.:)

#45 OFFLINE   CincyJen

CincyJen

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

My trial period had just expired, so I called Customer Service to see what it would cost to renew the XM Select service in my new car. First price offered was "special rate" of $109.89 (still cheaper than the rate listed on their website). I declined, and was then offered $86.00, which I happily accepted!

In addition, I inquired about my current home XM Select subscription, which was on a quarterly renewal. Great customer service rep offered me the same deal of $86.00 to convert that subscription to a year-long subscription.

So, two radios, one year subscription each, $172.00 (before taxes and artist royalty fees). I'm pretty happy!!

#46 OFFLINE   CincyJen

CincyJen

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

That's a pretty scary story, @ffdoug. Will have to be sure to check my quarterly subscription to see if they pull that on me next time it's due to bill, even thought the Customer Service rep assured me she'd converted the subscription. Thanks for the tip!!

#47 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:35 PM

$172.00 (before taxes and artist royalty fees). I'm pretty happy!!

Uh, okey doke.
Gary

#48 OFFLINE   CincyJen

CincyJen

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

Uh, okey doke.

Uh, really! Is there something you're unclear about?

#49 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

Read the thread. Better deals can be had i.e. -

Just got same deal as last year for my two radios. Both for $157.18.

Gary

#50 OFFLINE   CincyJen

CincyJen

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

Read the thread. Better deals can be had i.e. -

The $157.18 for two radios deal possibly included prorating, and possibly omitted royalty fees and state + local taxes. No detail was provided by the poster. Other posters in this thread have also mentioned the $86.00 promotional one-year rate. I got $172.00 for two radios for one year, that vs. $157.18 is quibbling a bit.

Bottom line is if you push it a little, you can get a one-year XM Select subscription for $86.00 + $8.43 artist royalty fee + state & local taxes (varies, mine added up to $6.13 on the year). Still beats the web rate by miles.

Sincerely just trying to provide detailed information and tips here for the benefit of the community.

ETA: Actually, original poster updated his info in post #35 on that $157.18 deal (for a Sirius, not XM, subscription.) Sorry I missed that.

Edited by CincyJen, 14 January 2012 - 04:34 PM.
Added additional info

#51 OFFLINE   Jon W

Jon W

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

I had got the $77 deal for the last 2 years but my wife just lost her job prior to the renewal time so I called really wanting to cancel. The CSR that answered the phone who sounded American immediately offered me the $77 deal (Now $95 with the royality fees, tax etc) when I declined they offerered me a 6 month deal that I cant recall - sorry should have written it down. Then he offered to give me the next 4 months free at which time i could cancel again or go ahead and let it renew for $46 and change. So I'm getting 4 months free at which time I can re evaluate my situation.

Edited by Jon W, 17 January 2012 - 01:07 PM.
spelling

#52 OFFLINE   fpembleton

fpembleton

Mentor

• Unregistered / Not Logged In
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

I have seen mention of this $77 deal which I beilieve is for a one year subscription. I would like to pursue this at the time of my renewal - which package are you referring to with this price? Thank you.
"Revenge is the weak pleasure of a narrow mind"

#53 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:38 AM

Basic package no extras.
Gary

#54 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

Got offered the 6 for 25 deal. Holding out for free. :)
Gary

#55 OFFLINE   wkcats

wkcats

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

I have called to renew each period that my subscription ends but this time it was an outradge.for my two radios last year I paid $145.86.when we called they said prices went up and they would give it to me for $159.59.I agreed because thats still $13.30 per month.
I checked my credit card statement on line 3 days latter and they billed me the full
price over $271.my wife called and they denied they made the offer I told her then cancel.
I dont need this.they then offered a deal for about $190.I said no I will not go above
the orig agreed price.they then offered a 6 month deal for about $50 each radio.I figured that is still more then the orig $159.59.they then made a final offer for $54.88 for 5 months.
that was cheeper then the orig price.I agreed.they then credited back to my card the difference and we will play the game again in 5 months.be careful if you get a deal they dont bait and switch and charge you more.by the way I would have cancelled.I dont use it enough to fight .

#56 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 825 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

I have called to renew each period that my subscription ends but this time it was an outradge.for my two radios last year I paid $145.86.when we called they said prices went up and they would give it to me for $159.59.I agreed because thats still $13.30 per month.
I checked my credit card statement on line 3 days latter and they billed me the full
price over $271.my wife called and they denied they made the offer I told her then cancel.
I dont need this.they then offered a deal for about $190.I said no I will not go above
the orig agreed price.they then offered a 6 month deal for about $50 each radio.I figured that is still more then the orig $159.59.they then made a final offer for $54.88 for 5 months.
that was cheeper then the orig price.I agreed.they then credited back to my card the difference and we will play the game again in 5 months.be careful if you get a deal they dont bait and switch and charge you more.by the way I would have cancelled.I dont use it enough to fight .

This is one reason I insist on being invoiced when renewal time comes around, so what happens is I get the initial outrageous renewal invoice in the mail, I call and get the "special" pricing, and then I tell them to send out an updated invoice. It's a bit of an additional hassle, but it avoids these kinds of issues.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

#57 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

Yes never give that company a CC number.
Gary

#58 OFFLINE   pdcolemanjr

pdcolemanjr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

I have an XM.. I want to get in on the 6 for 25 offer, but that never includes channels like the NASCAR Channel which is most important to me, I could care less about howard or anything, but it seems everytime I want to get a package for NASCAR, they want to charge full price.. Has anyone got a 6 for 25 with a deal like that?

#59 OFFLINE   scotte992

scotte992

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

I called and cancelled my 2 radios on Friday. Now today (Wednesday) just 5 days later, I get 2 letters in the mail to turn them back on for 6 months, $25 a piece. Pretty good deal I think but I haven't decided yet.

#60 OFFLINE   wesv

wesv

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

I got 6 months for 35 for xm premier to come back to xm. that includes Nascar and MLB.

spam firewall