Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Current deals

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   Jon W

Jon W

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

I had got the $77 deal for the last 2 years but my wife just lost her job prior to the renewal time so I called really wanting to cancel. The CSR that answered the phone who sounded American immediately offered me the $77 deal (Now $95 with the royality fees, tax etc) when I declined they offerered me a 6 month deal that I cant recall - sorry should have written it down. Then he offered to give me the next 4 months free at which time i could cancel again or go ahead and let it renew for $46 and change. So I'm getting 4 months free at which time I can re evaluate my situation.

Edited by Jon W, 17 January 2012 - 01:07 PM.
spelling

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   fpembleton

fpembleton

Mentor

• Unregistered / Not Logged In
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

I have seen mention of this $77 deal which I beilieve is for a one year subscription. I would like to pursue this at the time of my renewal - which package are you referring to with this price? Thank you.
"Revenge is the weak pleasure of a narrow mind"

#53 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:38 AM

Basic package no extras.
Gary

#54 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 242 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

Got offered the 6 for 25 deal. Holding out for free. :)
Gary

#55 OFFLINE   wkcats

wkcats

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

I have called to renew each period that my subscription ends but this time it was an outradge.for my two radios last year I paid $145.86.when we called they said prices went up and they would give it to me for $159.59.I agreed because thats still $13.30 per month.
I checked my credit card statement on line 3 days latter and they billed me the full
price over $271.my wife called and they denied they made the offer I told her then cancel.
I dont need this.they then offered a deal for about $190.I said no I will not go above
the orig agreed price.they then offered a 6 month deal for about $50 each radio.I figured that is still more then the orig $159.59.they then made a final offer for $54.88 for 5 months.
that was cheeper then the orig price.I agreed.they then credited back to my card the difference and we will play the game again in 5 months.be careful if you get a deal they dont bait and switch and charge you more.by the way I would have cancelled.I dont use it enough to fight .

#56 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 910 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

I have called to renew each period that my subscription ends but this time it was an outradge.for my two radios last year I paid $145.86.when we called they said prices went up and they would give it to me for $159.59.I agreed because thats still $13.30 per month.
I checked my credit card statement on line 3 days latter and they billed me the full
price over $271.my wife called and they denied they made the offer I told her then cancel.
I dont need this.they then offered a deal for about $190.I said no I will not go above
the orig agreed price.they then offered a 6 month deal for about $50 each radio.I figured that is still more then the orig $159.59.they then made a final offer for $54.88 for 5 months.
that was cheeper then the orig price.I agreed.they then credited back to my card the difference and we will play the game again in 5 months.be careful if you get a deal they dont bait and switch and charge you more.by the way I would have cancelled.I dont use it enough to fight .

This is one reason I insist on being invoiced when renewal time comes around, so what happens is I get the initial outrageous renewal invoice in the mail, I call and get the "special" pricing, and then I tell them to send out an updated invoice. It's a bit of an additional hassle, but it avoids these kinds of issues.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

#57 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 242 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

Yes never give that company a CC number.
Gary

#58 OFFLINE   pdcolemanjr

pdcolemanjr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

I have an XM.. I want to get in on the 6 for 25 offer, but that never includes channels like the NASCAR Channel which is most important to me, I could care less about howard or anything, but it seems everytime I want to get a package for NASCAR, they want to charge full price.. Has anyone got a 6 for 25 with a deal like that?

#59 OFFLINE   scotte992

scotte992

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

I called and cancelled my 2 radios on Friday. Now today (Wednesday) just 5 days later, I get 2 letters in the mail to turn them back on for 6 months, $25 a piece. Pretty good deal I think but I haven't decided yet.

#60 OFFLINE   wesv

wesv

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

I got 6 months for 35 for xm premier to come back to xm. that includes Nascar and MLB.

#61 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

Then in 6 months you pay full price. I'd rather have a 1 or 2 year deal.
Gary

#62 OFFLINE   scotte992

scotte992

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

Then in 6 months you pay full price. I'd rather have a 1 or 2 year deal.

No then in 6 months i cancel again. I have got the 6 for $25 offer a few times now.I refuse to pay $17 or whatever it is a month now. Its just not worth it to me.

#63 OFFLINE   John Strk

John Strk

Legend

• Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

I also recently renewed XM for 6 months for $25. Had them send me an invoice so I can mail them a check. I've never paid full price.

#64 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

No then in 6 months i cancel again. I have got the 6 for $25 offer a few times now.I refuse to pay $17 or whatever it is a month now. Its just not worth it to me.

How long is the wait for a new 6 months deal? I don't like the idea of downtime.
Gary

#65 OFFLINE   scotte992

scotte992

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

How long is the wait for a new 6 months deal? I don't like the idea of downtime.

They offered it to me when I called to cancel. Then i got a letter in the mail with the deal 5 days later

#66 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

They offered it to me when I called to cancel. Then i got a letter in the mail with the deal 5 days later

You said "6 for $25 offer a few times now". So no more than 5 days every time?
Gary

#67 OFFLINE   scotte992

scotte992

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

That's how long it was last week. I don't remember the other times but I know it wasn't long.

#68 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

Will give it a try next time if there are no good 1 or 2 year deals.
Gary

#69 OFFLINE   scotte992

scotte992

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

Will give it a try next time if there are no good 1 or 2 year deals.

Would be nice to get a year for $50 but i doubt that would happen

#70 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

Would be nice to get a year for $50 but i doubt that would happen

Yes bit I didn't say that. Last 2 year deal I got was about $7/month for expanded channels a year ago. I would take $8-9 deal now.
Gary

#71 OFFLINE   Phil T

Phil T

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,303 posts
  • LocationLittleton, Colorado

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

My subscription expires next week. I replaced my 9 year old receiver with a XM snap and called to see if I could get a promotion. No dice. I took a 3 month subscription at full price and will try again in July. :(

#72 OFFLINE   mwg47x

mwg47x

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Bought a new car around the first of March.
Never had SiriusXM before.
I'm not liking what I am reading here about their shady billing practices.
My question is this:

Before this 3 month trial runs out do I need to do anything?
It seems to me that if I don't do anything, they don't have a leg to stand on.
Yet I've read in other places about people saying they did nothing and a few months later they are getting letters/calls from collection agencies.
Can anyone shed any light on this?

I've already made up my mind I won't do business with these clowns just on principle...

#73 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 242 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

Do nothing and pay by check if you renew.
Gary

#74 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationLos Gatos, CA - near San Jose

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

My XM sub expires on Apr 22. I called SiriusXM yestersay to see what they could do. The renewal price was about $159+15.62 royalty fee.

After some juking back and forth, the guy said he really had no offers and would cancel the sub. I said OK. He said he was sorry to see me go etc and my sub would be cancelled on April 22.

I asked again if he was sure there wasn't a 3 month or 6 month deal available. He said No. He then asked what I listen to. The wife and I listen to about half a dozen or so music channels. The rep then suggested I could reduce the price by selecting a music only subscription. The price for our channels went down to $9.99/month. I OK'ed this. It's a month-by-month subscription so I can cancel/upgrade ata any time.

Please post here if you get one of the year long deals at $77 or $89 or whatever they offer.

Thanks!

#75 OFFLINE   VaJim

VaJim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 652 posts
  • LocationVirginia beach va

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

Please post here if you get one of the year long deals at $77 or $89 or whatever they offer.

Thanks!

...just got 12 months (more than one on account) plus a 6 month ext on the Internet radio for a total (service + fees(?) of $96.

...not the best deal....but they seemed to willing to work with me.;)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...