Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Current deals

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   redhot

redhot

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

I had no trouble getting the $25 for 6 month deal on 3 xm units.
HR24-100.....Vizio 47" Apps
HR24-100.....Vizio 22" Apps
HR24-100.....Vizio 32"

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#162 ONLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

I had no trouble getting the $25 for 6 month deal on 3 xm units.

for a second time?
Gary

#163 OFFLINE   redhot

redhot

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

for a second time?

I'v been doing this deal for a few years, they use to have 5 month's for $25.00, and $77.00 for 12 months.
HR24-100.....Vizio 32"

#164 ONLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

I'v been doing this deal for a few years, they use to have 5 month's for $25.00, and $77.00 for 12 months.

Is there a no service gap between the deals?
Gary

#165 OFFLINE   redhot

redhot

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

Is there a no service gap between the deals?

No, I call a day or two before my term is up.
HR24-100.....Vizio 32"

#166 ONLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

So that is a little over $4 a month indefinitely. Hard to beat.
Gary

#167 OFFLINE   redhot

redhot

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

Alot depends on who you talk to. If you don't the deal hang up and call back.
HR24-100.....Vizio 32"

#168 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Just renewed for 3 months, for $18.00. Not too bad for a short term deal.

#169 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Just renewed for 3 months, for $18.00. Not too bad for a short term deal.

$25 for six months is much better!

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#170 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

$25 for six months is much better!

They wouldn't offer me anything else, with the exception of a 1 year contract at half price. It would have maxed out with taxes in, for just under $100.00.

#171 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Well, I called SiriusXM today as my 6 month $25 special ends next Tuesday. Before calling, I logged into my account on the web and discovered that if I'd done nothing it would have auto-renewed for another six months and charged my credit card $103!!

The first call produced an almost impossible to hear (and almost impossible to understand) voice that sounded like it was speaking from Mars. I hung up and tried again. This time I got a clear connection with someone who obviously was much more attentive in "learning to speak English" class.

"Would you continue the service for the same rate of $25 for six months" he immediately asked after figuring out I wanted to cancel. "SURE" I said. After the usual questions I was back in business for another six months.

Then I logged into my account to see just what he had done. It's bizarre! The invoice shows "XM Select" for $29.94 and a music royalty fee of $2.93. Then there is a tax of $1.67. But there is also an inexplicable "adjustment/credit" in the amount of $7.91! I also got a credit for the four days remaining on my present "deal" making the grand total come out to exactly $26.

I wonder what kind of games they are playing with the FTC & FCC as part of their merger agreement but as far as I'm concerned I'm happy. They must just assume that there are a lot of subscribers who don't pay attention to when their promo sub ends and once it renews they just put up with the highway robbery fee.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#172 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,902 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

I thought the auto renew was fairly clear ... yes it is a trap, but it is a disclosed trap.

Cancelling is still the best way of getting a good deal.

#173 OFFLINE   kocuba

kocuba

Icon

• Registered
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

Well, I too have been doing a 5-6 month renewal for ~$30 for the past 2+ years. Called in today to do the same thing. 2 people would not renew it for me. So I went ahead and cancelled it. This was in my wife's car. I always told her as long as I got that deal she could have it, but I wasn't paying their full prices.

My car is on a free 1 year subscription which ends in March 2013. I will not be renewing as I do not need satellite radio.
Dave

HR20-700 connected to Zenith Z50PV220 50" Plasma, Networked, Native Off, OTA
HR20-700 Connected to Hitachi P42H401 42" Plasma, Networked, Native Off, OTA

#174 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,978 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

I had to cancel a RoadyXT subscription yesterday. Wasn't going to use it any longer.
Maybe next week I'll post it in the buy/sell area here with both car and home kits.

While on the phone I was able to negotiate s good deal on extending my built in XM and NavTraffic for an additional year. CSR volunteered the half off program. So I grabbed another year of XM and the NavTraffic was thrown in for free. Think promo ends today or tomorrow.

#175 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 861 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Okay, while we all like to bash, and deservedly so, companies that we feel are not delivering a fair value for our consumer dollar, Dish, DIRECTV, and SiriusXM included, my experience with SiriusXM yesterday evening was truly a Hall-of-Fame positive one.

In short (or not so), I recently acquired a new-to-me XpressRCi to replace the Snap radio I had in one of my vehicles that simply didn't have enough presets for me, so when the new radio arrived, I went on-line to do the requisite radio "swap" on my existing account.

Unfortunately, I discovered during the process that although the "swap" may be completed on-line, it required the entry of credit card data, which is data that even though I am a very long-term XM subscriber, I simply refuse to give to SiriusXM.

So, girding my loins (I love that term), I dialed the "support" number, fully cognizant of the fact that, as in the past, I'm going to be spending 30-45 minutes on hold before I'm able to speak to an actual human being.

A quick jaunt through the SiriusXM IVR, and two minutes later, I'm speaking to "Chris." Yes, two minutes, and I was left almost speechless as I had a good thirty minutes of preoccupation activities planned before I expected human interaction (the litter boxes are still full)!

So:

1. "Chris" asks how he can assist.
2. I tell him I want to complete a radio "swap."
3. "Chris" says he can help me with that, asks me for the radio details and asks if he may initiate the "swap" fee.
4. I figure, what the heck, since I have a human on the line, I tell "Chris" that I would rather the fee be waived (even though I was willing to pay it if I could have completed the transaction on-line, but by invoice, not by credit card).
5. "Chris" asks if he may put me on hold for a minute or two to check to see if the "swap" fee can be waived (great, here comes the 30-minute hold). He comes back about thirty seconds later and informs me that the waiver is done!

Okay, I figure that I'm on a roll, so even though I still have four months remaining on my fourth or fifth round of multi-radio promo pricing, what the hack, let's see what they can do, so I asked about renewal promos, to which "Chris" replies that there is "nothing available at this time, but to be sure to check back as the promo gets closer to its expiration." Since I had no intention of canceling service, I, obviously, wasn't going to push the issue at that time and simply thanked "Chris" for his great service.

This was, by far, the best experience I have ever had with SiriusXM and it pleases me to no end, both as a subscriber and a shareholder, that SiriusXM appears to be taking their service "Siriusly."

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

#176 OFFLINE   CincyJen

CincyJen

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Thanks for this, zkc16!

Just renewed myself. I got stuck in a 10 minute loop, but right after that reached a CR. Told him I wanted to cancel my two radios (XM Select), he asked me why, I told him that the $317.00+ yearly rate for both radios was too high.

He immediately said he could offer me the same package at $90.00 + $7.99 for one year per radio if I renewed both radios. Last year's offer was $86.00 +$7.28 I probably could have asked for more but was surprised it really hadn't gone up that much, so I agreed and asked him to invoice me, instead of giving him my credit card numbers. He said no problem. I logged on to SiriusXM after hanging up, saw my new invoice of $195.98, used my credit card and clicked "one time payment" and that was that. My billing method is still listed as "invoice" and no credit card number has been saved in my profile.

It really did seem easier this year than last. And always ask to be invoiced so you don't get stuck in the auto-renewal loop. Can't you change that after the fact in your profile, anyway?

Thanks again for posting your experience!

#177 OFFLINE   vfr781rider

vfr781rider

Legend

• Registered
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

So, I've been playing the game for 3 years and have no qualms about calling every 5 or 6 months to get the current deal. The most they've ever let me lapse was a week before they called me back and that was only once.

I currently subscribe to Pandora and am thinking about changing that to the Sirius/XM online package when it expires. Is there a standard 'deal' for 6'ish months of radio + online? What's the best deal y'all have received lately?

Thanks.

#178 OFFLINE   Mickstix

Mickstix

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

I called yesterday, after getting my "new" bill for nearly $450.00 for 2 accounts.. (Sirius Sportster and Vehicle's XM Sirius/Premium) and told them I had to cancel due to cost.. Immediately got the 86$ deal for the Sportster and was offered the 107$ deal for the XM/Premium.. Had already decided to drop the vehicle sub since we don't use it but once a month or so anyway.. They tried the 29$/6 month but I said sorry, Im not trying to negotiate, we really just want to cancel due to not using the truck enough.. She said how bout 2 months for free? I said, well I can afford that I suppose.. :lol: Very nice girl on the phone, but still getting ridiculous for satellite radio fees.. Even 86$/Year is becoming a little much.. I'd really like to know the stats on customers who pay the full price year after year? I mean $450 for 2 radios?? Yikees..

#179 OFFLINE   winman97

winman97

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

Seems like pricing is all over the place. I just renewed on 3 Sirrius radios. One is a built in on a Jeep. That was free for so many months. I called to have it connected to my account with the other 2 radios and they wanted to extend the jeep service for 6 months for $30, so I said OK. Now that 6 months is over and I did combine the Jeep onto the account with the other 2, for a total of 3 radios on one account. Now I have 3 different prices for the 3 radios. $115 for the jeep, $175 for the primary radio and around $145 in the second.
Once these contract near expiration I will try my negotiating skills to get a better deal. So 3 radios for about $450 / year. I might also say that all 3 billing dates occur at different months of the year so the big billing hit is not all due at the same time. Anybody got any ideas on how to get a better combined deal?

#180 OFFLINE   winman97

winman97

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

"Starting tomorrow -- and running through Nov. 27 -- Sirius will be turning on all inactive radios. Listeners won't have access to all of the platform's content, but 60 stations of sports, news, talk, entertainment, and commercial-free music should give them a good taste of what they're missing out on."

After reading this post I pulled a sportster radio out of a box where it had been stored inactive for 3 years. I connected the antenna and to my surprise all channels are active. I've been running it for several days and it's still going. Anybody got info on how long will this "inactive" deal be running? Today is 60 days past the Nov 27 date given

Protected By... spam firewall...And...