Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What feature would you like to see on your next software upgrade?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#21 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2002 - 11:22 AM

Idea - 501 - Reoccurring Recording - I would like options when scheduling reoccurring items to auto delete previous recordings of the same schedule. For example, I would like to record David Letterman Mon to Fri and always keep the two most recent copies. I would like two options for auto delete (1) keep X copies of this program and (2) keep each copy for X days.

Another Idea would be to keep the recordings in some sort of folderlike structure. When you create a recording you could have the option of putting it in a folder other than the "default". Maybe even password protect a folder for some special shows.

Thanks
Steve

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Craig Fogus

Craig Fogus

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 April 2002 - 06:50 PM

1. When viewing a PVR event, need ability to show how much time is left. I also hate that when you press "View" during a PVR event, it takes you to live Satelite. I'm so used to my old 5000 where hitting view during playback showed you the title and how much time is left!

2. Ability to rename PVR recorded events to something more meaningful. It would be very useful when you are recording multiple shows on the same channel one after the other and only want to use one timer. Perhaps even be able to create folders even though this might be more useful with a bigger HDD.

#23 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 22 April 2002 - 11:10 PM

I have talked to Mary Davidson by email and she said she would have the ideas on my site given to the people higher up.

I would like to see where you can name the events yourself like you can name your favorite channel lists. This would be very useful if they would ever have it to where you could put these events into folders, you would have to be allowed to name these folders and should be able to name the events.

This would especially be good to those that record the songs for playback where you can just name the songs.

http://jssatellites....vrfeatureideas/

#24 OFFLINE   10056753

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 09:24 AM

this is not necessarily a PVR function, but i would like to be able to number and name each channel...mostly so i can get them in the order that i want them, but also to allow for easier instant access. i find it very hard to remember that abc is channel 8749. however, if i could rename it to channel 1, then i would actually go to channels by keying in the number.

#25 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 01:05 AM

I have that already on my site but that is a new idea where you actually just press a number and have it automatically go to the channel that you programmed that number to go to.

Maybe they could program channels 2-99 to do that (cannot do that since the dishplayer uses channel 1 for playback of recorded events). It would be like the older tv's which had favorite channel buttons on the remote such as A B C D E F does anybody remember those older tv sets having those?

#26 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2002 - 10:35 AM

How about being able to "stack" a set of recorded shows for playback. Say I have a bunch of one series recorded and I want to play them in order for copy together onto vcr tape or video capture.

#27 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2002 - 10:36 AM

Oh yeah, and slow motion replay

#28 OFFLINE   DarrellP

DarrellP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 03:06 PM

Stability (not having to reset the 501 daily).
<---- I wish she was my girlfriend. :D

#29 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 01:50 AM

Do you mean kinda of like a cd player where you have an order of what you want to play the events? This would be good for music that got recorded.

#30 OFFLINE   lee635

lee635

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 05:25 PM

automatic ppv eraser. :):
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. - Ghandi

Protected By... spam firewall...And...