Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

"The smart card is inserted incorrectly"

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ebaltz

ebaltz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:43 PM

I get this warning message every so often, sometimes multiple times a day. When it appears, the system is locked and nothing can be done but a reset. Everything is working correctly before this occurs. Any suggestions? Obviously the smart card is inserted since normally everything does work fine.
Dish HD w/ 1 Hopper and 3 Joey, PS3, Sony HN1000 Receiver and Sony Bravia HX800 3D TV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:24 PM

I get this warning message every so often, sometimes multiple times a day. When it appears, the system is locked and nothing can be done but a reset. Everything is working correctly before this occurs. Any suggestions? Obviously the smart card is inserted since normally everything does work fine.

Have you "re-seated" the card?
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#3 OFFLINE   ebaltz

ebaltz

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 10:25 AM

Yeah, but that can't be the issue because it works and then it doesn't, its not like anything is moving around. Very strange.
Dish HD w/ 1 Hopper and 3 Joey, PS3, Sony HN1000 Receiver and Sony Bravia HX800 3D TV

#4 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:31 AM

Yeah, but that can't be the issue because it works and then it doesn't, its not like anything is moving around. Very strange.

I have had the problem on my 211 every so often. I just pull the card and reinsert it. Force the reboot, and it goes away, my comeback in a year or so.

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,528 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:05 PM

To be fair... the card probably is "moving" around... due to the heat these receivers produce, both the card and the slot probably change size by some small degree all the time... and the card might even warp slightly over time.

This doesn't even take into account the vibration due to the fan and hard drive... also if you have a large speaker nearby... and general earth vibrations as well.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#6 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:51 PM

Remove the card and take an eraser and lightly rub the contacts on the card and reinsert it. Lightly.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#7 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:57 AM

my 3 receivers don't even have smart cards

#8 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:30 AM

my 3 receivers don't even have smart cards

Then that won't work for you. :)

spam firewall