Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NFL Breast Cancer Awarness Gear

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Fontano

Fontano

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:23 AM

Does anyone know if the NFL will be selling (with proceedes going to charity), the Breast Cancer Awarness Gear that all the players were wearing this past weekend?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:45 AM

That would be cool.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#3 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:50 AM

I don't know but I thought it was really cool. I was disappointed that everyone didn't participate (and that Harbaugh exchanged his special cap for a regular one when the game didn't go his way).

#4 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,084 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:09 PM

I don't know but I thought it was really cool. I was disappointed that everyone didn't participate (and that Harbaugh exchanged his special cap for a regular one when the game didn't go his way).

The Brady Rules were in full affect. I wasn't happy with those game changing calls. :nono2:

:backtotop The pink was cool. They are selling it: http://www.nflshop.c...areness_9.27.09
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#5 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:24 PM

The Brady Rules were in full affect. I wasn't happy with those game changing calls. :nono2:

:backtotop The pink was cool. They are selling it: http://www.nflshop.c...areness_9.27.09

Rules is rules, friend. This article quite precisely articulates the point: Where was the outrage when the rule was put on the books in March? It's as if to say "the rule is okay, just so long as it's not called against my team." As a Pats fan living in Baltimore it's all I've been hearing today on the radio, TV, random people on the street... Kinda annoying.

#6 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,084 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:54 PM

It was a ridiculous rule in March, too. A bump into a QBs leg is roughing the passer? C'mon! It's a judgment call that is to be made with discretion. He got blocked, stumbled, BRUSHED his knee.

Clayton's drop was the worst lol.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#7 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,785 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:03 PM

Back to topic...

I liked the pink. I was actually hoping someone would have went with a full-on pink helmet! We've already had the lime green and last night the bee yellow on Pittsburgh... I think the pink worked, and if it helps the cause all the better.

I bet they could raise a good bit of money selling off some actual-worn pink gear from this weekend.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#8 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:55 PM

Back to topic...

I liked the pink. I was actually hoping someone would have went with a full-on pink helmet! We've already had the lime green and last night the bee yellow on Pittsburgh... I think the pink worked, and if it helps the cause all the better.

I bet they could raise a good bit of money selling off some actual-worn pink gear from this weekend.

Good idea. ;)

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/

Protected By... spam firewall...And...