Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

October Cartoon Network (Toonami and Adult Swim)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 03 September 2003 - 04:08 PM

From Anime News Network:

Adult Swim Sunday to become six-hour block (2003-08-31 12:09:48)
Beginning October 5th, Adult Swim Sunday is expanding to a full six hours. The 11pm-2am EST segment will be followed by an encore presentation of the night's programming from 2am-5am EST.

FLCL returns to Adult Swim (2003-08-26 22:10:24)
FLCL will be re-airing on Adult Swim starting on October 20th.
(PVR Note: If the August runs are any indication, the sixth and final episode of this series runs two-three minutes long.)
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 13 October 2003 - 05:37 PM

Just a bump.... the six-hour block are for all five nights, not just Sundays.

FLCL will be replacing InuYasha on October 20th at midnight.

Kikaider will be replacing Cowboy Bebop on October 27th at 1:30 AM.

Note: These series have aired before on Adult Swim.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera

#3 OFFLINE   Scalper

Scalper

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 11:01 AM

Thanks for the info.

Any idea when InuYasha will come back?

So are there any more FLCL or just the ones AS aired a couple months ago?

#4 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 15 October 2003 - 01:52 PM

Dunno about InuYasha. This is a series that is still in production in Japan, and we're quite far behind in comparison to Japan. It's also a popular show, so more episodes coming "soon". (I still have the new ones aired in September waiting to be viewed).

FLCL is only a six episode series. Period. No more, no less. See www.animeondvd.com if you don't believe me.

And, I have no clue what is happening to the thief Lupin the Third.

#5 OFFLINE   Scalper

Scalper

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 06:43 AM

Ah I forgot about Lupine. I liked that show too.

FLCL was good. But being only 6 episodes, Adult Swim will repeat over and over(depends how long InuYasha is out).

I take it Blue Gender is staying for now?

I love they started to repeat the blocks now that other TV shows are coming back in.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...