Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Snow White Blu-Ray

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mountainDBS

mountainDBS

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:45 PM

Has Anyone seen the Blu-Ray of Snow white?

It is absolutely "FANTASTIC!!"
looks like to was drawn and put on film yesterday, Disney has out done themselves. I highly recommend picking up a copy. It is just beautiful!!!! :joy:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   rudeney

rudeney

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:03 PM

I've been on the fence about this one. I am a huge Disney fan and have most all of their animated features on DVD, but I'm not sure I'm ready to start replacing them with BRD. I remember what I thought about Snow White on DVD. I may have to buy the BRD just to see how much better it is.

#3 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:43 PM

I bought it a few days ago, but haven't watched it yet. Almost a no-brainer for $10*

*A few places had it for $20 and there was a $10 coupon floating all over the net. Additionally, Amazon also has/had it for $20 and there was a $10 coupon code there too.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,449 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:43 PM

Bought, but not watched yet. It was an easy decision to buy because Snow White is still my favorite of all the hand-drawn animation movies from Disney.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#5 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,822 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:40 AM

This is a double-dip for me, since I have the release from a few years ago.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#6 OFFLINE   dogs31

dogs31

Godfather

• Registered
  • 449 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:05 PM

I just bought at Walmart for $19.96 on sale from $24.96 yesterday. Sale price minus $10 coupon minus $5 rebate from Hefty means that I got the Blu Ray/DVD Combo pack for $5 bucks.

Anyway here is the coupon and rebate offer if any one is planning on getting the disc.

Coupon: http://adisney.go.co...pon_url_swoffer Hefty Rebate Offer: http://heftybrands.p..._RebateForm.pdf

#7 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,614 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:51 PM

So far....I've read a number of reviews that this on Blu Ray is simply stunning (for such an old classic). It is selling like hotcakes at Amazon too...
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#8 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

I just bought at Walmart for $19.96 on sale from $24.96 yesterday. Sale price minus $10 coupon minus $5 rebate from Hefty means that I got the Blu Ray/DVD Combo pack for $5 bucks.

Anyway here is the coupon and rebate offer if any one is planning on getting the disc.

Coupon: http://adisney.go.co...pon_url_swoffer Hefty Rebate Offer: http://heftybrands.p..._RebateForm.pdf

Best Buy's website currently has Pinnochio for $9.99. When you buy it with Snow White, you get a $15 gift card.

I went to BB, and they matched their own website for pinnochio. They also matched Targets price on Snow White ($19.99). I used my Snow White $10 off coupone, bringing the price down to $22.40 with tax. After the $15 Gift card, that's a net of $7.40 for both movies. Now, I'll use that rebate and bring the total for the two movies down to $2.40.

$1.20 per movie's not too shabby. Didn't even need Snow White since I had already bought it, but I'll figure something out.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#9 OFFLINE   steve053

steve053

Godfather

• Registered
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:21 PM

Additionally, Amazon also has/had it for $20 and there was a $10 coupon code there too.

Thanks for the heads up on the Amazon coupon code. Got it there for $20 less the $10 coupon code ("snowhite" without the quotes) and free shipping.
HR34 hardwired to router
Panasonic 50" Plasma (TH50PX60U)
Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR707)
Harmony 670 Remote
Polk speakers /Velodyne sub

spam firewall