Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

For those Dead Calvary Esata Drives

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   redram38

redram38

Icon

• Registered
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMillington Tn

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:47 AM

My 750 gb died a few mths back. I ordered a 1 tb WD drive and replaced it and it is running fine. I stuck the non-working 750 gb drive in the drawer and forgot about it. About two weeks ago I bought one of the Thermalake esata docking stations and remembered the dead 750 gb WD drive I had. Of course it would not work but I thought maybe the drive is still under warranty with WD. I bought the Calvary about 2 years ago. Low and behold after I registered the drive I saw it still had about a year left on warranty. I filled out a RMA request and WD is sending me a new 750 gb drive. SO for those that have dead drives you may want to try this and see what happens. Oh and the Thermalake Blacx esata docking station works great with the HD DVR plus the drive stays cool to the touch since it is open. I bought two of them at Amazon for 39.00 each. To me the great thing about them is if I fill up a drive I can swap it for a new one very easy and use both or as many as I need with that DVR. Just wanted to share this is case anyone had a dead drive from the calvary esatas.
Directv with 4 HDDVR's 3 HR24's and one HR21
Dish with Hopper/sling, Hopper/sling adapter and 4 joeys

Directv for 17 years, Dish for 1 month. Loving the Hopper and Primetime anytime so far.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall