Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Southland canceled before season premier

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:54 PM

I'm sorry to hear about this too. I did like the show and the season (series) finale was good. I hope that another outlet picks it up.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Rangers94

Rangers94

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:09 AM

'Southland' might have new home at TNT
By Nellie Andreeva

Four days after the abrupt cancellation of sophomore series "Southland" by NBC, chatter intensifies that the gritty cop drama may find a second home at TNT.

TNT was an obvious choice as it shares a corporate parent with Warner Bros. TV, which produces the critically praised series with studio-based John Wells Prods.

But sources on Monday indicated that talks between the two sides are advancing.

"We continually look at all programming opportunities that fit our portfolio of brands," TNT said in a statement.

"Southland," which stars Benjamin McKenzie, shot six episodes of its second season before being shut down by NBC last week.

TNT has been active in the cop drama genre, from its biggest hit, "The Closer" to its most recent offering, "Dark Blue," both from WBTV's sister Warner Horizon.

TNT has yet to decide on the future of "Dark Blue," which recently wrapped its first season.

#23 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:48 AM

I thin kthis would be a great fit for TNT, the only issue is will everyone, including Wells take the massive pay cut that it will require to make it happen.

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

#24 OFFLINE   redfiver

redfiver

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:40 PM

Just had a flashback to "Johnny Dangerously": 'Iceholes' and 'fargin' and a few others.

I stand corrected. In that example, euphemisms are better than the actual words. :)
Outside: Slimline AU-9, SWM-8

Inside: HR20(2), H20-100(1), Sony SAT-T60(1), Sony Bravia 55" LCD HDTV, Onkyo Receiver with HDMI Switching, Wii

#25 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,189 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:00 PM

...and I just heard on the newest episode of "Castle": "Shut The Front Door!"

#26 OFFLINE   elaclair

elaclair

Rescued Racers Live Here

• DBSTalk Club
  • 951 posts
  • LocationDel Mar, CA

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:59 PM

...and I just heard on the newest episode of "Castle": "Shut The Front Door!"

Yeah that Beckett, she's a card. :-) Now, had it been Nicki Heat, I don't think it would have been the door getting shut....<smirk>

#27 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 620 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:10 AM

Just had a flashback to "Johnny Dangerously": 'Iceholes' and 'fargin' and a few others.

My all time favorite: The overdubbed version of Repo Man changes Mother F**** into Melon Farmers.
DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

#28 OFFLINE   MoInSTL

MoInSTL

Legend

• Registered
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:18 AM

I always liked BSG's use of the made up word "frak".

spam firewall