Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Your favorite game so far...?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Sackchamp56

Sackchamp56

Godfather

• Registered
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:09 PM

Gears of war 2

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 602 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:40 AM

All time I put months and months into Diablo2, had multiple Clvl99's and almost quit going to school just to play the stupid game. :lol:

Currently COD4 has several days of play time built up and COD6 will be a blast. I also have many many hours on a free game called Subspace or Continuum, there are various game types but they all involve flying a ship around a map with dozens of other people killing or reaching certain goals.

Some of my favorite old school games 10+ yrs old are the Alien Trilogy on PS1 and The original Doom PC or PS1.

#23 OFFLINE   ncxcstud

ncxcstud

Icon

• Registered
  • 591 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:50 AM

my wife and I just got a PS3 (our bedroom DVD player died, so why not replace it with a new bluray player that just HAPPENS to play games as well ;))

I only have two games, but I thoroughly enjoy them. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

Amazing games, Uncharted was good, but Uncharted 2 (so far) is 10x better! I just enjoy that it appears to be A LOT longer than the first one.
40" Samsung LCD - LN40B640 (living room)
42" Samsung DLP - HLS4266W
DirecTV HR20-700 Receiver
DirecTV H24-100 Receiver
DirecTV HR24-100 Receiver
Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
XBOX Live, Battle.net, and PSN gamertags - ncxcstud

#24 OFFLINE   rlnoonan

rlnoonan

Legend

• Registered
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:11 AM

If we are talking about all-time, then I'd definitely have to say the whole Myst series. I love solving the puzzles and the graphics/sound made for a great total experience.
- Bob

Slimline 5lnb dish (4 RG-6 cables, no multi-switch)

HR20-700.............................. HR20-100S
HDMI to Mitsubishi WD57732............ HDMI to Toshiba 32HL67US Regza
Optical to Onkyo TX-SR604............. Digital Coax to Sony HT-5100D
Protected by APC J10.................. Protected by Panamax 4300-MX
Controlled by Harmony 676............. Controlled by Harmony 676

#25 OFFLINE   koji68

koji68

Icon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:23 PM

Recently I've been playing:

PS3: Infamous
PC: Prototype
Wii: Tiger Woods 10
Put me down! Put me down! Come on put me down!

Kiva.org

#26 OFFLINE   Grentz

Grentz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:52 PM

Single Player:
Gears of War (co-op), Gears of War 2 (co-op), Halo Series, Saints Row/Saints Row 2 (co-op), Crackdown (co-op), Test Drive Unlimited (cool cheap game that had all the roads on Oahu, HI GPS mapped...very fun to play), PGR Series, Forza Series

Multiplayer:
Battlefield 2, Halo Series, COD4, Half Life 2: DM, Team Fortress 2
-Grentz
Subscriber since Oct. 1996
HR21-700, HR22-100, H24-100 (SWM)
~Detailed Setup~

Directv Signal Strength Posting Tool - Excel Ver. Web Ver.

#27 OFFLINE   NeonJediKnight

NeonJediKnight

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:12 PM

The games I list are for consoles and handhelds I've had experience with.

Atari 2600:

Very tough, but it would have to be a tie between, Pitfall, Pitfall II, Spiderfighter, River Raid, and Demon Attack. But Demon Attack would have to be my absolute favorite for this system.

NES:

Double Dragon II, Maniac Mansion and Super Mario Bros. III

SNES:

Final Fantasy II/IV, Final Fantasy III/VI, Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid and Super Mario World

Gameboy:

Metroid II

PS1:

Final Fantasy Antholgy(Final Fantasy V), Need For Speed, Need For Speed II, Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit, Need For Speed: High Stakes, Final Fantasy VII, and Final Fantasy IX.

PS2:

NFL 2k4, Final Fantasy XII, and Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, God of War, and God of War II.

PS3:

Nothing particular as of yet, I bought a 160GB earlier this year, only rent games, and haven't played very many. But four that stand out most so far would have to be, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga(kind of lackluster but funny), Call of Duty: Modern Warfare(anxiously awaiting the sequel) and [Prototype]. But it looks like I'll have to add God of War 3 and Final Fantasy XIII to the list, when those two are released. I just still need to get my PS3 set-up for online play, but can't think of a router that would be suitable(will need wired but hope the cables reach from my comp to my living room, it'll be a stretch), and the firewall part of my security software on my comp won't give me troubles.

Of all the forums I've been on that have favorites threads, it has been hard for me to mention just one single thing.

#28 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,940 posts
  • LocationOutside Portland, ME

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:26 PM

Final Fantasy (XIII is the ONLY reason I bought a PS3), Zelda, and Dragon Quest/Warrior.

#29 ONLINE   Getteau

Getteau

Icon

• Registered
  • 805 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:58 PM

All time favorite
Leisure Suit Larry :lol::lol::lol:

Actually, probably Wizardry for the PC.

Thanks,
Rich

HR44-500 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR24-100 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR23-700 - HDMI to Insignia 42" Plasma
HR22-100 - HDMI to LG 32" LCD
HR21-700 - WD 1T Green Power drive - HDMI to Toshiba 65HM167 65" rear projection

R22-200 - Component to Insignia 42" Plasma
R15 - svideo to Toshiba 32" tube tv

#30 OFFLINE   jwebb1970

jwebb1970

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:50 PM

Currently, my faves are "nostalgiac"

New Super Mario Bros Wii - amazing how fresh & fun a revamp of a 20+ yr old 2D platformer can be. And proper multiplayer...finally! And it has true old school Mario difficulty - prepare for the giant grin this game can give to occasionally be interrupted by profanity spewing from it. :D

Metroid Prime Trilogy - kinda odd that a couple of Gamecube titles can be called some of the best looking games on the Wii right now, but this is a killer game & a smokin' bargain. The 2 Prime titles from GC, now in 16x9 w/ some graphical updates along w/ Prime 3 that hit the Wii in 2007. All on 1 Wii disc w/ some great fan service packaging for $50.

All 3 have Prime 3's excellently implemented Wiimote/nunchuck controls - Prime 1&2 in 4x3 w/ the GC controller seems so archaic now. W/ new controls you can actually run & aim in different directions - try that on the old GC versions!!
"I'm really only an Atheist on Christmas and Easter. The rest of the time---it really doesn't matter." - Dr. House

#31 OFFLINE   Sackchamp56

Sackchamp56

Godfather

• Registered
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:55 PM

Gears of war 2

well that was until I played Uncharted 2. Best game ever.

#32 OFFLINE   Jim Parker

Jim Parker

Icon

• Registered
  • 761 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

I have Dragon Age: Origin for the PS3 now. It is a lot of fun and well worth the time and money, but I think Elder Scrolls: Oblivion is still a better game.
A brief history of time: BANG!!!!! Expand. Expand faster. Forever. The End (With apologies to Hawking)

#33 OFFLINE   gameguru1360

gameguru1360

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

xbox360:
COD MW2, GOW2, L4D2, L4D1, Halo ODST, GRAW2, Rainbow Six Vegas 2

#34 OFFLINE   drpjr

drpjr

Icon

• Registered
  • 722 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:51 PM

Love any of the Zeldas. Also Mario Kart Wii online. Online is a whole new game.

#35 OFFLINE   neomaine

neomaine

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:16 PM

Currently, my faves are "nostalgiac"
All 3 have Prime 3's excellently implemented Wiimote/nunchuck controls - Prime 1&2 in 4x3 w/ the GC controller seems so archaic now. W/ new controls you can actually run & aim in different directions - try that on the old GC versions!!

Actually, the GC versions were in progressive 16x9. You just needed the component cables and enable it (pressing the B button when turning on the GC)

#36 OFFLINE   jwebb1970

jwebb1970

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:27 PM

Actually, the GC versions were in progressive 16x9. You just needed the component cables and enable it (pressing the B button when turning on the GC)

P-scan? Yes - as were many GC titles. However, the image sent out was still 4:3. Playing this on a GC or Wii meant either pillarboxed or stretched images on a widescreen display. I had MP1 - it was pillarboxed or , if you set your display to FULL, stretched when played on a Wii set to 16x9. In game cinematics were letterboxed, regualr gameplay was in 4:3.

For MP Trilogy, Retro went back & re-rendered the 1st 2 games in actual 16x9 to match MP3. NO pillarbox or stretched image now - and a hair more stuff on screen than before. Also added some newer lighting FX to 1 & 3, brushed up some visual details here & there, and ever so slightly decreased the difficulty of one paritcularly brutal area in MP2 (but not by much!).

http://wii.ign.com/a...6/956473p1.html

This IGN report shows the visual differences between GC & Wii versions.

Edited by jwebb1970, 16 December 2009 - 05:44 PM.

"I'm really only an Atheist on Christmas and Easter. The rest of the time---it really doesn't matter." - Dr. House

#37 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,940 posts
  • LocationOutside Portland, ME

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:37 PM

If games released JUST this year, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

#38 OFFLINE   neomaine

neomaine

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:45 AM

P-scan? Yes - as were many GC titles. However, the image sent out was still 4:3. Playing this on a GC or Wii meant either pillarboxed or stretched images on a widescreen display. I had MP1 - it was pillarboxed or , if you set your display to FULL, stretched when played on a Wii set to 16x9. In game cinematics were letterboxed, regualr gameplay was in 4:3.

For MP Trilogy, Retro went back & re-rendered the 1st 2 games in actual 16x9 to match MP3. NO pillarbox or stretched image now - and a hair more stuff on screen than before. Also added some newer lighting FX to 1 & 3, brushed up some visual details here & there, and ever so slightly decreased the difficulty of one paritcularly brutal area in MP2 (but not by much!).

http://wii.ign.com/a...6/956473p1.html

This IGN report shows the visual differences between GC & Wii versions.

Hmmm. Thought for sure there was an option in the MP1/2 that offered widescreen for game play. It still seemed a little pillarboxed/letterboxed but it made the effort on my widescreen TV in 1:1 pixel mode. Unfortunely I traded in my GC copies to pay for the trilogy.

#39 OFFLINE   jwebb1970

jwebb1970

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:59 AM

Hmmm. Thought for sure there was an option in the MP1/2 that offered widescreen for game play. It still seemed a little pillarboxed/letterboxed but it made the effort on my widescreen TV in 1:1 pixel mode. Unfortunely I traded in my GC copies to pay for the trilogy.

Depending on the display used, you could get close - but nowhere near what the "true 16x9" Trilogy versions get you. It's also pretty amazing to see how well the graphics in 1&2 have held up - still some of the best looking stuff on the Wii.

Overall, I find the Trilogy vastly superior. WHile MP1 & 2 were some of GCs best releases, they both controlled like tanks. MP3 was a revelation, control-wise, when I first played it - nice to have that option in the revamped previous installments.

#40 OFFLINE   neomaine

neomaine

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:49 AM

:grin: Absolutley agree. The Trilogy is a blast...

Now, to get this back on topic (even though I've responded once already..):

Thinking back, playing Dungeon on a DEC PDP 11/70. The weekends (at school) we spent playing were some of the best. Only had the VT100 and used the Decwriter to print out our ASCII-art greenbar maps. (May actually have it at home still. Was wicked proud of that map. Kept track of all rooms, treasures, and what points were needed for each level.)

For those of you saying, "WTF was that?", its what went on to be become Zork on the PC.

(Ever kill the thief? :D )

spam firewall