Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Amazing Race - OAD 10/11/09

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:48 AM

OK, I saw a preview of who lost their Passports.

Spoiler
I hope they are able to find them.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:01 AM

That's not good at all, they are who I want to win it all. :nono2:
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

#3 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,156 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:50 PM

I was hoping they would win too. Tonight we will find out if they get kicked out or if it was just clever editing.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#4 OFFLINE   davemayo

davemayo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:16 PM

Total bummer. I really wanted that team to win.
Go Hoos!

#5 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:21 PM

Spoiler

I like the Globetrotters.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#6 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:35 PM

Spoiler

I like the Globetrotters.

Spoilers aren't needed once the show has aired and the date is in the thread title.

but, regarding your spoiler. They had already checked in when they discovered their error. Now that people know that's the rule, would you say anything to Phil if you discovered your error after checking in? Or would you just spend your 12 hour rest period searching for it. And by then, maybe the last place team would already be on their way home.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#7 OFFLINE   davemayo

davemayo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:37 AM

Now that people know that's the rule, would you say anything to Phil if you discovered your error after checking in? Or would you just spend your 12 hour rest period searching for it. And by then, maybe the last place team would already be on their way home.

It could be that normally they have to show their travel documents every time they check in, but usually they don't show that unless there is a problem.
Go Hoos!

#8 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,156 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:29 AM

Now I am down to my second favorite team.

Go Globetrotters!

What a fun show to watch, If only it were in HD.:(

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#9 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:13 AM

Regarding the travel documents issue:

Mild spoiler from a previous season:
Spoiler

I bet they do a check after the fact with the production team and that is how they found out last night. I noticed a bunch of bottle water cases around so it appears they were in a production controlled area near the actual mat for the pit stop.

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

#10 ONLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:01 PM

The one thing I noticed that was different than past season when things were lost was that the camera did not catch it. When the camera catches it, I am sure they have a way to notify the producers of the issue. So I doubt the producers knew until the team notified them.

My favorite team going forward is FT and BE. They are hilarious and look like genuinely nice guys.

#11 OFFLINE   CoriBright

CoriBright

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

I'm guessing at the Pit Stop they must hand in their passports for the production crew to get the relevant visas stamped in them, otherwise they'd know where they were going next.

In the Amazing Race Newsgroup it was posted that the passport in question was possibly 'dropped' at the monkey task, and was handed in at the US Embassy in Pneom Peng (?sp) so they did get to go home (or to sequester) unlike the previous lost documents team who did not make the finale gathering.

I'm not rooting for anyone specific yet, probably anyone but ?Eric and his g/f who keep arguing with each other. I quite like the Globetrotters, but Maria and Tiffany (the poker players) did superbly well when they had to do the extra task a few weeks ago. No one really stands out this time.
Cari
www.coribright.com
www.juganet.com
www.jaredletochat.com
www.doausa.com

#12 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:04 AM

From the Elimination Station on the CBS website:
Spoiler

"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#13 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:13 AM

Given the difficulty my daughter had in getting a lost U. S. passport replaced in NEW HAMPSHIRE, I'm glad they found theirs and had no further trouble for their mistake.

#14 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:47 AM

In the Amazing Race Newsgroup it was posted that the passport in question was possibly 'dropped' at the monkey task, and was handed in at the US Embassy in Pneom Peng (?sp) so they did get to go home (or to sequester) unlike the previous lost documents team who did not make the finale gathering.

I was wondering how long it had been (possibly it was not found and turned in in time), but was wondering if they tried to call the US embassy or consulate to see if it had been turned in as part of their search. I know if I found a passport laying somwhere, I would turn it in to the EMbassy of that Country if there was one.

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...