Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Revisiting One Episode Wonders

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:52 PM

(CNN) -- A few weeks into the fall TV season, and already one show is down for the count.

But let's look on the bright side. "The Beautiful Life" got at least two episodes in before the CW gave it the ax, spared from that TV-land rarity: the single episode show.

Although the jury's still out on which series will last to see this year's November sweeps, none of them (as their developers are certainly thankful about) can be lumped in with the truly cringe-worthy and sadly uninteresting one-episode wonders.

Here are some of the shows that saw the light of your television screen for just a single episode.

http://www.cnn.com/2...ders/index.html
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:01 PM

The only show on that list I've ever heard of is "Anchorwoman", and the only reason I've heard of it is because they had a bunch of billboards up in the Tyler, TX area (I used to drive through there) announcing that Lauren Jones would be anchoring there and promoting the show.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#3 OFFLINE   nrj1030

nrj1030

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:01 PM

I always thought Heather Graham was hot so I actually watched the one episode of Emily's Reasons Why Not and it was without a doubt the worst program I ever watched.

#4 ONLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,443 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:10 AM

Here's Wikipedia's complete list of one-episode shows. Of these, the only one I watched was the game show "The Rich List," which actually was fairly good.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#5 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,802 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:15 AM

Here's Wikipedia's complete list of one-episode shows. Of these, the only one I watched was the game show "The Rich List," which actually was fairly good.

From that list:
Heil Honey I'm Home!
A 1990 British comedy that spoofed American sitcoms of the 1950s and '60s by featuring caricatures of Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun who live in matrimonial bliss until they become neighbours to a Jewish couple.

Seriously??? :nono2:
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

spam firewall