Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hell's Kitchen season finale tonight

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,017 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:54 PM

Are my wife and I the only people who enjoy this show?

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:58 PM

We watch. Kinda. :lol:

I think it would do better if it were less "flashy" and Ramsay wasn't so melodramatic. I love his Kitchen Nightmares show (the original BBC version) where he's obviously being himself.

#3 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 9,017 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:04 PM

We really liked the BBC Kitchen Nightmares too. That is probably the reason we ended up watching HK. One of my favorite things about shows like this and others is you get to see the people who will work the hardest for what they want and you will get to see the people who will stab you in the back to get what they want. Then there is the other group who don't do a lot and think they should still win.

Oh yeah, and it's fun to watch Ramsey go off on people.:D

What ever happened to the US Kitchen Nightmares?

#4 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

We really liked the BBC Kitchen Nightmares too. That is probably the reason we ended up watching HK. One of my favorite things about shows like this and others is you get to see the people who will work the hardest for what they want and you will get to see the people who will stab you in the back to get what they want. Then there is the other group who don't do a lot and think they should still win.

Oh yeah, and it's fun to watch Ramsey go off on people.:D

What ever happened to the US Kitchen Nightmares?

I was wondering that myself as I replied to your first post. It looks like it's still going to be on. The website says they're casting:

http://www.fox.com/kitchennightmares/

#5 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 9,017 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:38 PM

I will post later, I got bumped. Said high volume of visitors please try later.:(

#6 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:01 AM

We really like the BBC version of Kitchen Nightmares. The Fox version isn't nearly as a good. The F Word is also a good show. Never much liked Hell's Kitchen...or any of those "off the island" shows.

#7 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 9,017 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:08 AM

We really like the BBC version of Kitchen Nightmares. The Fox version isn't nearly as a good. The F Word is also a good show. Never much liked Hell's Kitchen...or any of those "off the island" shows.

BBC version is definatley best. I have never seen The F Word, I'll set it up to record and give a try. It was nice to see someone I liked win HK and I enjoy watching the show. Yes it is an "off the island" show but you don't get kicked off hte show because you are a threat or because people are scared you are better, you get kicked off this show because you are not as good as the person who stayed.

#8 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:00 PM

BBC version is definatley best. I have never seen The F Word, I'll set it up to record and give a try. It was nice to see someone I liked win HK and I enjoy watching the show. Yes it is an "off the island" show but you don't get kicked off hte show because you are a threat or because people are scared you are better, you get kicked off this show because you are not as good as the person who stayed.

The F Word is a very different kind of show...part contest, part cooking lesson, part informational and part talk show. Certainly a different format than anything I've seen on TV.

#9 OFFLINE   Fontano

Fontano

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 333 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:57 PM

We watched all Season, and we very happy with the results of the finale.
Spoiler

Overall this was one of the more enjoyable seasons, as it had a lot of conflict, as well as some really talented chefs.

One of the best parts was the 10 or so blooperish scenes that they put up at the end.

The "I ain't no b!" I guess was a long running joke in the season, that we didn't get to see until now.

#10 ONLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:53 PM

My wife watches it and I'll sit in every now and then. The finale was entertaining as well as the bloopers bit. I noticed I didn't see that guy in the room after the winner was announced. I guess he wasn't asked back for the finale. :)

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#11 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:52 AM

I liked the scenes at the end. It was good to see Ransay being himself a little rather than the characature that he plays on HK.

I thought Dave was the front runner from the beginning, but at least Kevin was pretty close.

As far as Kitchen Nightmares, they are supposedly going to be toning it down some more and making it more like the UK version, but I guess well see.

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

#12 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,912 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:43 AM

Just finished this episode last night .. they rushed the end (compared to earlier seasons) and frankly, I think it worked better this way. It always seemed stretched out before and the whole design your own restaurant thing always seemed a little silly to me ..

It was a good season I thought, but watching during the fall just seems weird. Good news is that I no longer need to record 5 things at one time on Tuesday nights :)
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#13 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:39 AM

Just finished this episode last night .. they rushed the end (compared to earlier seasons) and frankly, I think it worked better this way. It always seemed stretched out before and the whole design your own restaurant thing always seemed a little silly to me ..

It was a good season I thought, but watching during the fall just seems weird. Good news is that I no longer need to record 5 things at one time on Tuesday nights :)

In previous seasons, the whole design your own restaurant thing was done because the winners were usually being given control over a blank space. But this season the restaurant was already built and furnished, so no need to see the whole design your own restaurant goings on.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

#14 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:48 AM

We watched all Season, and we very happy with the results of the finale.

Spoiler

Overall this was one of the more enjoyable seasons, as it had a lot of conflict, as well as some really talented chefs.

One of the best parts was the 10 or so blooperish scenes that they put up at the end.

The "I ain't no b!" I guess was a long running joke in the season, that we didn't get to see until now.

I was also happy with the results and agree that the clips at the end were quite humorous.

Spoiler

HR34-700, HR22-100

#15 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 9,017 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:08 PM

It made the show much more "watchable" without the restraunt design.

The clips at the end were great, I only wish we could have seen more of the ongoing "I aint no b*" throughout the show.

#16 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,415 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:19 PM

I liked the scenes at the end. It was good to see Ransay being himself a little rather than the characature that he plays on HK.

I thought Dave was the front runner from the beginning, but at least Kevin was pretty close.

As far as Kitchen Nightmares, they are supposedly going to be toning it down some more and making it more like the UK version, but I guess well see.

Fox toning it down? I'll believe it when I see it...

#17 OFFLINE   myselfalso

myselfalso

Godfather

• Registered
  • 385 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:43 PM

I was also happy with the results and agree that the clips at the end were quite humorous.

Spoiler

I'm happy with the results.
Spoiler

I have been a DirecTV subscriber since 2005.

A few channels I'd still like to see DirecTV add are:
CSPAN3, the PAC-12 Network(s), BBC World and more international news channels.

spam firewall