Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I knew they would get it wrong.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rocko62580

Rocko62580

Legend

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:28 AM

I ordered service last night. I was promised the AAA discount, the refer a freind discount and free showtime for 3 months. Here is my confirmation email.

Leased Receiver$5.00 PLUS HD DVR$75.99 STARZ and SHOWTIME$24.00 DIRECTV on DEMAND$0.00 DVR Service$0.00 AAA New Customer Discount-$10.00 Estimated First Bill Amount$94.99

I'm worried if I call the regular numer they won't help. My rep swore up and down I could get the refer a friend discount and AAA. Who should I call? Retention? Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:46 AM

Did you order your new service through the 1-800 referral number? If not you are not eligible for that discount, no matter what a CSR told you. That is one of the rules to get it, you have to call the correct number...

#3 OFFLINE   MartyS

MartyS

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:51 AM

I ordered service last night. I was promised the AAA discount, the refer a freind discount and free showtime for 3 months. Here is my confirmation email.

Leased Receiver$5.00 PLUS HD DVR$75.99 STARZ and SHOWTIME$24.00 DIRECTV on DEMAND$0.00 DVR Service$0.00 AAA New Customer Discount-$10.00 Estimated First Bill Amount$94.99

I'm worried if I call the regular numer they won't help. My rep swore up and down I could get the refer a friend discount and AAA. Who should I call? Retention? Thanks!

First, do you have the ID number of the CSR that gave you the deals? If so, I'd call the general number and inquire. If you don't have the ID number or name, well, you still have to start there. If you get too much of a hassle from them, retention may be the way to do.

But, I would first start out and ask when the credits will appear. Oftentimes, they show the charges for the service and then credits will appear a bit later. Also, I'm not sure if the refer a friend credit is a one time credit, or if it's spread over 12 months... that's something you'll need to verify.

I've found that when calling D*, if I'm nice and ask the questions for information or clarification following up to an previous call the CSRs will oftentimes be able to help you out. If I call up and am belligerent that I didn't get what I was promised and start to make demands, they'll probably be less like to want to help and make your process a lot more difficult.

So start out asking for clarifications and when you can expect to see the credits, and you should be able to get it resolved. If the CSR can't help then you should ask for retention, since you were promised these things and they're not appearing.
Marty

My Setup

Life is in HD and 3D -- be sure to enjoy it!!

Never argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

#4 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:43 AM

The referral discount is not one that shows up right away (I think it takes a couple of billing cycles, if I remember posts about it correctly).

They currently have a two-for-one promotion going with Showtime & Starz. At a minimum, you should see a discount in the neighborhood of ten or eleven dollars, but I don't know how long it would take that one to show up.

I would do as MartyS says and see if they can clarify anything for you.

#5 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:43 AM

I did the same thing last year and received everything I was promised.

To add to the other posts, you won't get the referral credit until after your installation. Within a couple weeks after that, you should receive an email that confirms your referral credit. It's probably a good idea to call back today and confirm it. And be sure to ask them to add notes that say they did confirm you will receive the referral credit.
HR34-700, HR22-100

spam firewall