Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pittsburgh locals:OU-Texas this weekend

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   psunate77

psunate77

Godfather

• Registered
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:19 AM

Ok, once again I am scheduled to get the Big East game of the week UCONN-Louisville and will miss the Red River shootout again. Here is my question. Why wouldn't they show this game on ESPNA in my area. Last week I got Pitt-UConn on my ABC Local, but Wisky-OSU was on 210.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,826 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:30 AM

Sounds like your local ABC should be the ones you ask.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   blackhawkzone

blackhawkzone

Godfather

• Registered
  • 507 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:35 PM

isnt that what game plan is for?

As for the espn game, it will always be the big ten game, due to its contract with espn/abc unless you get that game on abc.

#4 OFFLINE   alevine1986

alevine1986

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:37 PM

I guess the Pittsburgh affliate of the Big East Network is ABC. That stinks that it works out that way. I can't imagine Louisville/UConn would get more viewers than Texas/OU.

#5 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:39 PM

As for the espn game, it will always be the big ten game, due to its contract with espn/abc unless you get that game on abc.

I think his point is that 210 is SD, while 206 and his local ABC is in HD. ESPN GamePlan has all the games in SD, so that doesn't help.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#6 OFFLINE   DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:28 AM

As of this morning, the program guide for WTAE shows OU-Texas. When I called the station directly about tomorrow's schedule, there was no mention of the UConn-Louisville game, but I left a message on the station manager's voicemail to confirm.

Even if it is showing on the guide, I have my doubts. WTAE has a bad reputation for not airing ABC programming on Saturdays in favor of other stuff.

Downstairs:
Receiver: HR21-200
TV: Olevia 232V 32"
DVD: Samsung DVD-1080P7
Sound: Sony STR-DG510
Upstairs:
D*Receiver: H20 connected to SA Series 2 TiVo
TV: 31" RCA SD

#7 OFFLINE   biggyv

biggyv

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:18 PM

I'm seeing the same thing, and I'm seeing UConn-Louisville on a bunch of the RSN's as well as Gameplan.

#8 OFFLINE   SamC

SamC

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:24 AM

No. Among other things, GP brings you the ABC regionalized games that are shown in other regions. But games that are nationally on ABC are not included in GP. The 12 noon "Red River Rivalry" is a national game so it is not on GP. However individaul ABC stations sometime carry other syndicated games in the place of the ABC material. This happens a lot in Pittsburgh and Charleston, WV where the local ABC also subscribes to the Leastlefovers Cupcake vs. Cupcake Who Cares, it the Big Least, Game of the Week, which is at 12 noon. If ABC has a national game at noon, we are usually out of luck.

However, this is not the case this week. The Leastleftovers network is producing two games, Loserville - UConn at noon and Marshall - WVU at 3:30. In Pittsburgh, WTAE (ABC) is carrying regular ABC programming (OU-UT and then the Penn State game) and WPCW (CW) is carrying the WVU-MU game. In Charleston, WCHS (ABC) is carrying a local pre-game show and then the WVU-MU game and WQCW (CW) is picking up both ABC games for the day as a secondary replacement affiliate. As far as I know there will be only one Leastleftovers game per market this week, so the titanic struggle between UL and UConn will not be seen in Pittsburgh.

#9 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:43 PM

Its been pretty quiet on DBStalk this morning, is there some kind of sporting event I'm missing? ;)
HR34-700, HR22-100

#10 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:26 PM

In Charleston, WCHS (ABC) is carrying a local pre-game show and then the WVU-MU game

To make it worse, they did not air the TX/OU game at noon. Instead they showed a movie. :mad: Seriously what kind of F-tard thinks it is a good idea to air a 12 year old movie instead of one of the two biggest games of the day?????????????????

#11 OFFLINE   SamC

SamC

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:50 PM

The UT-OU game on WQCW was darn near unwatchable. That channel is SD only and I think they use some kind of microwave link to get it to the uplink (DirecTV uplink is in Scott Depot, WQCW tower is 70 miles away in West Portsmouth and the channel is unreceivable OTA). It was like watching ESPN360. Full of pixils. WQCW is generally as good as any other SD channel. This is the first sports even WQCW has ever shown and I guess the rapid motion just overwhelmed the system. The commercials were fine. Just could not handle the motion.

However, DirecTV had 397, KABC out of LA in HD unblacked out for reasons unknown for the entire length of the game.

spam firewall