Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

multi-sports package

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hvyres

hvyres

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:35 PM

im new to dish network (was twc) ...my question is , is the multi sport package with red zone worth it , i have the classic silver 200...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:38 PM

it's worth it for RedZone alone. I'll be cancelling after the football season's over, though.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   hvyres

hvyres

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:47 PM

thats godfather ...i wasnt sure if i got any o the other sport channels with the silver 200

#4 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:07 PM

Redzone is worth it. I am just happy its included in the Multi-Sports Package at no extra cost. Personally I only Carry the Multi-Sports for football season, lots of good college football games on as well, and cancel it every year after the season is over.

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,782 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:09 PM

I forget where NFL Network and NBA TV and NHL are... but those are also included in multi-sport if you don't otherwise subscribe to a tier that includes them.

Also... you get lots of RSNs and Big Ten Network, and while pro sports out-of-market are blacked-out, there are lots of college sports on these channels all year long.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#6 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:03 AM

NFL Network is only on the 200 or higher, it's not in the MSP. NFL RedZone, NBA TV and NHL Network are in the MSP however.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#7 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:40 AM

I forget where NFL Network and NBA TV and NHL are... but those are also included in multi-sport if you don't otherwise subscribe to a tier that includes them.

Also... you get lots of RSNs and Big Ten Network, and while pro sports out-of-market are blacked-out, there are lots of college sports on these channels all year long.

It's NOT Dish that's blacking out the Pro sports, it's MLB, NBA and NHL that "sliced up" the country into regions (MANY moons ago) and put the blackouts in place. It's all based on your zip code. Mine is 30043; I get FSN South and SportsSouth in the clear and nothing else.

The Multi Sports Pack (MSP) is NOT for everyone (only you can make that decision) and was NEVER intended to be a cheaper priced "MLB EI, NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, ..." replacement. Nobody would order the higher-priced packages if the MSP provided all that programming for $5.99 per month. Try it for a year and see if you like it. You can always drop it later.

I like the Dish Network Multi Sports Package for MLB. It is the dime store alternative to MLB EI and almost every night you can watch at least an inning or two of some out of market games (after the 3 hour blackout lifts (SNY after 2.5 hours most nights); 2.5 for NBA and NHL). Rain delays, extra innings, high-scoring games, unscheduled doubleheaders are great. Sometimes a local feed from an out of market region may be in the clear as well. :)

#8 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,782 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:15 PM

I never said it was Dish blacking out the pro sports... I just said they are blacked out.

#9 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:55 PM

I never said it was Dish blacking out the pro sports... I just said they are blacked out.

Understood, Stewart! Just trying to educate the new guy on who is the "root" cause for the pro blackouts.

#10 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 660 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:54 PM

NFL Network is only on the 200 or higher, it's not in the MSP. NFL RedZone, NBA TV and NHL Network are in the MSP however.

According to the last charlie chat,and the dish website,NFLnet is in the multi sport package.
http://dishnetwork.c...pack=multiSport

#11 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:37 PM

According to the last charlie chat,and the dish website,NFLnet is in the multi sport package.

Um, yeah, that is wrong. Look at the lineup card in the 'schedule' section, or call in and ask. NFL Network is NOT in the MSP.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#12 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,782 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:51 PM

Understood, Stewart! Just trying to educate the new guy on who is the "root" cause for the pro blackouts.

No problem... but since you had quoted me, I wanted to make sure no one thought I was making that mistake. I make enough mistakes :)

#13 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 660 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:12 PM

Um, yeah, that is wrong. Look at the lineup card in the 'schedule' section, or call in and ask. NFL Network is NOT in the MSP.

Nothing against you Coldsteel, but I can almost understand the website being wrong, but on the charlie chat Charlie and Jim saying nfl net is in the multi sport pack AND putting up a graphic showing the same???
Well If nfl net really isnt in the multi sport pack, it would be hard for dish to tell a customer that " no the website is wrong and the ceo and Jim are both wrong, and the graphics on the charlie chat are wrong".
Holy smokes, talk about False advertising!

#14 OFFLINE   bruin95

bruin95

Godfather

• Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:30 AM

I only have the bronze 100 package with multi-sport added and I get the NFL Network. This change occurred right before the NFL season started. Dish's website is, very often, not up to date.

#15 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 660 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:16 AM

I only have the bronze 100 package with multi-sport added and I get the NFL Network. This change occurred right before the NFL season started. Dish's website is, very often, not up to date.

That is what i thought. I can understand the website not updated, but for the ceo to come on tv and say it is part of msp, and to show a graphic on tv showing the same, i figured it was.

#16 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:57 AM

One of my accnts has Bronze 100+ without MSP an I don't get NFL Network on that account. So it does seem plausible that it is part of MSP.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

#17 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:20 AM

Sounds like a "bug" in their channel authorization "code (computer program)". Enjoy it while it lasts. :D

#18 OFFLINE   bruin95

bruin95

Godfather

• Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

Sounds like a "bug" in their channel authorization "code (computer program)". Enjoy it while it lasts. :D

You're not paying attention, are you? It is NOT a "bug". The NFL channel, and Red Zone channel, are part of MSP. The friggin' CEO of the company said so himself on live television last week. :rolleyes:

#19 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:12 AM

:scratchin:scratchin

You're not paying attention, are you? It is NOT a "bug". The NFL channel, and Red Zone channel, are part of MSP. The friggin' CEO of the company said so himself on live television last week. :rolleyes:

This must have been a recent change then. The last I heard the NFL Network was only available via Classic Silver 200 (or greater). Oh well! Enjoy it wherever you may find it! :scratchin

#20 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:10 AM

Yep. I have the 200 but not MSP and I have the NFL Network. It may now be on the MSP with the 100+, since you'd also get the RedZone.
DISH 625 dvr

Protected By... spam firewall...And...