Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

multi-sports package

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   richo

richo

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

I understand that pro sports are blacked out. Does that just mean they are blacked out live? Are repeats available? I'm most interested in NHL games. Does anyone have info on NHL games?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:52 AM

All out of market live games will be blacked out, repeats may or may not be blacked out, there is no way of knowing which team will or won't be.

#23 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:26 AM

I understand that pro sports are blacked out. Does that just mean they are blacked out live? Are repeats available? I'm most interested in NHL games. Does anyone have info on NHL games?

Even though I'm solidly in the Flyers market, I get MSG as part of my RSNs (well, it's my ONLY RSN) and my Rangers don't get blacked out. Otherwise, while I had the Sports Pack the out of market NHL games were blacked out.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#24 OFFLINE   EntropyByDesign

EntropyByDesign

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:34 PM

To answer the OP's question, I think the MSP is worth it but I only signed up for it last fall, then cancelled once football season was over. NFL RZ is a nice option to catch up on Sunday's games. The many Fox Sports and other channels don't necessarily make up for the price paid, but you get lucky with some out of market games occaisionally. Anyway it's worth trying for a month or two and see if you like it.

#25 OFFLINE   cyclone27

cyclone27

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:59 PM

For the most part, the replays of NHL games were not blacked out this season.

#26 OFFLINE   augie

augie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:57 AM

Since the DISH programming page is out of date/inconsistent (AT 250 still shows ESPN Classic, but it doesn't show up on any of the AT packages on the comparison page) does anyone have a resource where I can tell exactly what is available on the MSP for $7.00/month, that I don't already receive on the AT250?

#27 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,336 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:36 AM

Multi-Sports is all the RSNs (subject to blackout); The NFL, NBA, NHL TV channels (not the league pass/center ice games - just the single channel) and Big 10 Network ... those four channels also being available in AT200 and AT250 - plus ESPN U ESPN Classic.

Edited by James Long, 21 June 2010 - 11:52 AM.

#28 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:39 AM

Multi-Sports is all the RSNs (subject to blackout); The NFL, NBA, NHL TV channels (not the league pass/center ice games - just the single channel) and Big 10 Network ... those four channels also being available in AT200 and AT250 - plus ESPN U.

I know you said The NFL, channel, but some may not realize you get the NFL Redzone channel as well, with the Multi-Sports Package, as it is its own channel.

#29 OFFLINE   augie

augie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:43 AM

Multi-Sports is all the RSNs (subject to blackout); The NFL, NBA, NHL TV channels (not the league pass/center ice games - just the single channel) and Big 10 Network ... those four channels also being available in AT200 and AT250 - plus ESPN U.

Do you mean ESPN Classic?

If so, since I already have AT250, all I'd get by adding the MSP is ESPN Classic, correct (and NFL redzone, per the post above)?

Thanks!

#30 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,336 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:52 AM

You're both right. It is ESPN Classic and in season NFL Red Zone is also included.
People in the midwest "Big Ten" states get Big Ten Network at AT200.
Multi-sports adds it for everyone else.

#31 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:11 PM

You're both right. It is ESPN Classic and in season NFL Red Zone is also included.
People in the midwest "Big Ten" states get Big Ten Network at AT200.
Multi-sports adds it for everyone else.

Wasn't trying to be right, just adding in the one Channel that is only active during the NFL season.

spam firewall