Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

violet and yellow lines on cbs hd

swmline

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   natureboy

natureboy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:32 PM

Have had hd for 3 months Our cbshd affiliate has yellow and violet shadows pixels. What would cause this?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:22 PM

Sounds prettier then the green slime I get on ABC NY HD. :)

Have had hd for 3 months Our cbshd affiliate has yellow and violet shadows pixels. What would cause this?

#3 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:52 PM

I think a lot of local TV stations still haven't figured out how to optimize/adjust their new digital transmitters....

CBS shows on my local affiliate have an annoying green tinge to them. It looks like everyone is sick as their face looks greenish. This occurs watching OTA in HD or in SD through DirecTV. (I haven't upgraded to DirecTV HD yet) This does not occur on the ABC, NBC, or FOX local station.

Such issues are much more obvious on a large screen HDTV but after closely examining the same channel on my 13" TV in the kitchen (hooked up to an R15) that green tinge is there too.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#4 OFFLINE   natureboy

natureboy

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:07 PM

The funny thing is it just happens on the national programming fromcbs the florida game today and there primetime lineup every night. The engineer at the staion told me I should get a tech to come and check my setup but it is the only channel I have a problem with.

spam firewall