Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New Local Off-Air Channel...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HDTVFreak07

HDTVFreak07

Icon

• Registered
  • 706 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:05 AM

I posted on here earlier and was told that the local station should notify Tribune (?) of their new local off air channel so it can be added to the Channel Guide on DirecTV. How do I do that? I did tell the engineer of that station to do so but as of now, it's still not listed on DirecTV guide. What avenue should I pursue now?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:08 AM

Frankly it's about all you can do. Your next step might be the station manager and tell them to get their guide data to Tribune or else cable, sat and Tivo won't know their channel exists and people won't be able to tune to it. That might light a fire under him.

Other then that without an OTA scan there isn't much you can do. But even with an OTA scan there would be no guide data and it would make knowing what is even on the channel pretty hard. I'd think a new channel would want that corrected ASAP to get more viewers.

#3 OFFLINE   HDTVFreak07

HDTVFreak07

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 706 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:14 AM

Thanks. Might as well contact the station manager. My HR20 is not picking this up but the H20 is without programming info. I'd like to make use of the local Fox station to watch football and Fringe in the living room even though I've got the waiver for the DNS (got it when the Fox was just a standard definition subchannel to the main CBS affiliated channel).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...