Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Amazing Race - OAD 10/18/09

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:02 AM

Quite happy with how things went last night.

Seriously, how can someone from a large NE city with its own spaghetti network of freeways and roads not be able to read a map and road signs? I might understand if they grew up on a farm and a city of 100K was their idea of a large city. Just WOW.

Teams seem to be helping each other more this season even with or without alliances. I thought the guys waiting for the girls to get a new car was cool and there wasn't even anything in it for them.:lol:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:21 AM

Quite happy with how things went last night.

Seriously, how can someone from a large NE city with its own spaghetti network of freeways and roads not be able to read a map and road signs? I might understand if they grew up on a farm and a city of 100K was their idea of a large city. Just WOW.

Well it could be they don't drive that much at home. It's not all that unusual for people who live in places like NYC to take cabs, buses and trains to get where they're going and not drive their own cars, heck there's plenty of people who live in NYC who don't even own cars. But yeah I wasn't sad to see Mr. Meathead lawyer gone either. I did find it interesting that they showed up to the Elimination station before the previous eliminated team though. Must be it took longer for the lost passport to show up than it seemed from the previous ep where it just looked like they went to the US embassy and there it was waiting for them. Could be it didn't get turned in for a couple of days or so I suppose.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#3 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,176 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:48 AM

The woman's accent says she's from Boston. And for those who don't know, you can be on a stretch of road that is MA-128 South, I-95 South instantly turning into I-93 North all while heading due EAST. Where South Boston is north of the South End... It's madness I tell you...

#4 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,909 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:22 AM

Well it could be they don't drive that much at home. It's not all that unusual for people who live in places like NYC to take cabs, buses and trains to get where they're going and not drive their own cars, heck there's plenty of people who live in NYC who don't even own cars. But yeah I wasn't sad to see Mr. Meathead lawyer gone either. I did find it interesting that they showed up to the Elimination station before the previous eliminated team though. Must be it took longer for the lost passport to show up than it seemed from the previous ep where it just looked like they went to the US embassy and there it was waiting for them. Could be it didn't get turned in for a couple of days or so I suppose.

As far as the passport issue from last week .. there were only 30 minutes from Team 2 1 and the last team, so they really had no time to get their passports .. They had to at least drive back to the Monkey challenge.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,909 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

The woman's accent says she's from Boston. And for those who don't know, you can be on a stretch of road that is MA-128 South, I-95 South instantly turning into I-93 North all while heading due EAST. Where South Boston is north of the South End... It's madness I tell you...

I think Boston is the only city that I have truly gotten lost in while driving. I had much better success in Stockholm, Sweden and I couldn't even understand a lot of the street signs.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:52 AM

I did find it interesting that they showed up to the Elimination station before the previous eliminated team though. Must be it took longer for the lost passport to show up than it seemed from the previous ep where it just looked like they went to the US embassy and there it was waiting for them. Could be it didn't get turned in for a couple of days or so I suppose.

Either that or it is much easier to get a flight to Hawaii from Dubai than Cambodia.

#7 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

Either that or it is much easier to get a flight to Hawaii from Dubai than Cambodia.

Hawaii? Unless I really haven't been paying attention I believe this season's elimination station is in Viet Nam.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#8 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:50 PM

As far as the passport issue from last week .. there were only 30 minutes from Team 2 1 and the last team, so they really had no time to get their passports .. They had to at least drive back to the Monkey challenge.

What I was referring to was this weeks eliminated team showed up to the Elimination Station ahead of the previous weeks team even though i'm sure it was at least 24- 48 hours later, so that says last weeks team got held up for a couple of days in Cambodia. Could be the passport didn't show up at the embassy for a day or two, could be flight issues, who knows?

#9 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:38 AM

Hawaii? Unless I really haven't been paying attention I believe this season's elimination station is in Viet Nam.

Actually, we were both wrong. It is in Acapulco.

#10 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:37 AM

Actually, we were both wrong. It is in Acapulco.

I think in a previous season it was in Acapulco and maybe it was once in Hawaii also, but this season very definitely it's in Viet Nam. Check it out:

http://www.cbs.com/p...L8VU13coPf90E0w

#11 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:41 AM

Yeah they're both from MA according to their profiles:

http://www.cbs.com/p...o.php?season=15

#12 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:51 AM

I think in a previous season it was in Acapulco and maybe it was once in Hawaii also, but this season very definitely it's in Viet Nam. Check it out:

It sure is. :blush:

spam firewall