This is an old thread but I am still not able to download anything from HDNet on demand (getting the call to upgrade your package message).
I have contacted Directv and after a few email back and forth that were no help, the issue was turned over to a "specialist." She called me this afternoon and she try to convince me that:
1) I am receiving HDNet broadcast channel because of a system wide error which she will make sure gets corrected asap
2) I don't get HDNet on demand because I don't pay for the channel so I have not right to get it
3) I am lucky because I have enjoyed HDNet for free for so long
4) HDNet is going to be moved to the Extra pack
5) I will not be able to get channel 79 soon because the channel will be a premium channel
After that she wished me happy holiday and pretty much hanged up on me.
Since I have not see it linked above, this is the link to the HDNet press release about on demand on Directv:http://www.hd.net/pr...9-11-03-01.html
The relevant part being:
...The agreement allows DIRECTV customers with HD Access to enjoy HDNet's great, original programming, much of which will be available within 24 hours of its network premiere.
DIRECTV customers who subscribe to the HD Extra Pack will also have access to more than 25 movies from HDNet Movies' slate of top performing, critically acclaimed feature films and box office hits ...
I have sent another email quoting the passage above and asking to fix the issue. We'll see what kind of answer I get this time.