Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hulu looking to be a pay service

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:32 PM

http://articles.mone...&_blg=1,1333776

So this is what Chase Carey is up to. Hopefully they find a way to increase their ad revenue so that they can keep it ad supported vs. a pay service. I've got quite a few nickel and dime services that I'm paying a monthly service fee for...VOIP, XM, Newsgroup, RapidShare, Netflix to name a few. It may be time to re-think all of these minor expenses and save $100/month. I certainly won't be adding any other pay services to my monthly budget.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   brant

brant

Icon

• Registered
  • 750 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:04 PM

the only thing i really ever watch there is family guy, and only because i can load up hulu desktop in media center.

but i can watch that @ fox.com also for free.

I watched all of the arrested development episodes too.

But there's so much free tv on the internet, I don't see a need in paying to use hulu. We mostly use the netflix streaming service and the major netflix websites. I watched jericho on CBS.com and my wife is a huge 'House' fan, and watches that @ fox.com.

If I watched shows extensively there, it would be worth it to me.

The only thing i can think of that would drive me to be willing to pay for it is if the networks stop allowing users to view their shows on their own websites for free. Which very well may happen to support hulu; it would be foolish to try and charge customers @ hulu if fox, abc, and nbc allow you to watch for free.

#3 OFFLINE   dpd146

dpd146

Godfather

• Registered
  • 415 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:55 AM

No way I would pay.

Hope they don't go through with it. I love watching old Sat Night Live clips.

spam firewall