Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Shortcut to "To Do" List?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Clark Kent

Clark Kent

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:27 AM

Is there a faster way to access the To Do list rather than going through the menu and manage recordings?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,415 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:04 AM

Is there a faster way to access the To Do list rather than going through the menu and manage recordings?

No, that's the only way, AFAIK.
/steve

#3 OFFLINE   mcbeevee

mcbeevee

97% Complete

• Registered
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:23 AM

It was originally a 1-button command (yellow button), but Directv decided to change the yellow button to "TV Options".

:)

#4 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,415 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:23 AM

It was originally a 1-button command [...]

Actually 2 (LIST-YELLOW), but who's counting? :lol:

6 now, but in reality, almost as quick time-wise for me, because it's only 3 adjacent buttons... one clicked 3x, one clicked 2x:

menu-v-v-v-select-select vs. "look" for list, "look" for yellow. Just my .02. YMMV.

I believe HARMONY users, limited to 5-step macros, have found a "double-press" work-around. I'll leave it to them to comment.
/steve

#5 OFFLINE   jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf

Icon

• Registered
  • 629 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:30 AM

Hmmm... Maybe an idea for the wish list!

I think this would be a good "press and hold" function - push the "List" button and get the list of recorded shows, push and hold the "List" button and get the list of to-be-recorded shows.

#6 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,415 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:32 AM

Hmmm... Maybe an idea for the wish list!

We actually have this related request on the Wish List:

"2-click" access to the following features: "Menu-1"=CC TOGGLE, "Menu-2"=TODO LIST, "Menu-3"=CYCLE FAVORITES, "Menu-4"=SERIES MANAGER, "Menu-5"=HISTORY, "Menu-6"=MANUAL RECORD, "Menu-7"=TITLE SEARCH, "Menu-8"=KEYWORD SEARCH, "Menu-9"=SAVED SEARCHES and "Menu-0"=SETUP.

It's a variation of a feature currently found on DirecTiVo's. If folks like the idea and haven't yet voted for it, please do so using the link below. TIA.
/steve

#7 OFFLINE   mcbeevee

mcbeevee

97% Complete

• Registered
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:55 AM

Actually 2 (LIST-YELLOW), but who's counting? :lol:

It's been so long, I forgot about that! It would be nice if a ToDo shortcut was added back to the menus. Either on the Yellow button quick menu or by pressing the List button twice (my RF remotes do not like the press & hold options).

#8 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,822 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:58 AM

I don't expect this to happen... it's been discussed over and over. There are any number of learning/macro remotes that could help you with the number of button pushes. One is my friend Steve's favorite URC R6/R7, which you can find for about $20 at Best Buy.

My remote is programmed with a 5-step sequence that goes MENU/DOWN/DOWN/DOWN/ENTER so I can look at the to do list or Series Manager from there.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#9 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,552 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:04 AM

That was going to be my suggestion as well.
The only problem is if DirecTV changes the sequence to get to the Manage Recordings page. Especially if you have a Harmony which has a 5 step limit for their sequences. :(
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

spam firewall