Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

TV Everywhere

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   somguy

somguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 170 posts
  • LocationTamarac,FL

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:56 AM

Just wondering if anybody has heard of any updated information in regards to Directv's TV Everywhere? I haven't heard of anything since August on it and calling them up never gets you anywhere!! Thanks for your input.

(Mensan) Russell B.
Tamarac, FL
Feel free to check out my blog @ http://TheMensaYenta.us
I welcome the comments and thanks!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   xrobmn

xrobmn

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:32 AM

Just wondering if anybody has heard of any updated information in regards to Directv's TV Everywhere? I haven't heard of anything since August on it and calling them up never gets you anywhere!! Thanks for your input.

Never heard of it.. Did a yahoo and Dishnetwork has something called that (slingbox)..

www.dishnetwork.com/tveverywhere/default.aspx

#3 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,557 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:54 AM

The Slingbox also works with DirecTV.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#4 OFFLINE   xrobmn

xrobmn

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

The Slingbox also works with DirecTV.

Correct.. Just was digging up the term he was looking for.. :)

#5 OFFLINE   somguy

somguy

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 170 posts
  • LocationTamarac,FL

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:53 PM

http://www.dmwmedia....39;-web-service

August 7, 2009 - 10:18am.
New York - Satellite TV operator DirecTV (NYSE: DTV) is in talks with cable networks to launch a 'TV Everywhere' service that would give DirecTV subscribers free online access to programming from cable TV networks, AdAge.com reported. Comcast (NASD: CMCSA) and other pay-TV service providers are exploring offering their subscribers free online access to content from various networks. "We've been in active discussions with an array of programmers for some time now," DirecTV spokesman Robert Mercer told AdAge," adding that the company "will be prepared to launch a similar product around the same time, if not before, others in the industry."

So as you can you do not need a special box in order to use TV Everywhere. I hope I was able to shed more light on this subject. Thank you very much for your time and input.

(Mensan) Russell B.
Tamarac, FL
Feel free to check out my blog @ http://TheMensaYenta.us
I welcome the comments and thanks!!

#6 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,640 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:14 PM

They [DirecTV] are looking into the "appeal" of "IPTV".
Clearly bandwidth will be an issue, so resolution must be reduced, "but hey" if you watch TV on your Iphone, it ain't HD.
A.K.A VOS

#7 OFFLINE   xrobmn

xrobmn

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:36 AM

http://www.dmwmedia....39;-web-service

August 7, 2009 - 10:18am.
New York - Satellite TV operator DirecTV (NYSE: DTV) is in talks with cable networks to launch a 'TV Everywhere' service that would give DirecTV subscribers free online access to programming from cable TV networks, AdAge.com reported. Comcast (NASD: CMCSA) and other pay-TV service providers are exploring offering their subscribers free online access to content from various networks. "We've been in active discussions with an array of programmers for some time now," DirecTV spokesman Robert Mercer told AdAge," adding that the company "will be prepared to launch a similar product around the same time, if not before, others in the industry."

So as you can you do not need a special box in order to use TV Everywhere. I hope I was able to shed more light on this subject. Thank you very much for your time and input.

Thanks!! Glad you found that.. Now that does ring a bell of something I heard (probably read on here).. Hope it pans out!

#8 OFFLINE   EricRobins

EricRobins

Godfather

• Registered
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:54 PM

TvEverywhere appears to be an attempt by the cable cos (now D*, too), to stop the attrition of subscribers to free online services like Hulu.

http://www.wired.com...-tv-everywhere/

#9 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:24 PM

TvEverywhere appears to be an attempt by the cable cos (now D*, too), to stop the attrition of subscribers to free online services like Hulu.

http://www.wired.com...-tv-everywhere/

Looks like Hulu will do that all by themselves:

Sooner or Later, All of You Will Pay

DIRECTV employee April 2004-November 2012.
The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

spam firewall