Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Searching for satellite on only one receiver

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   colonelswizz

colonelswizz

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:57 PM

I have 1 D12 receiver that searches for satellite signal everyday around the same time - about 4:00 or so. After awhile the signal comes back. My other 2 receivers work just fine during this time. Can someone tell me why this might be happening? Do I need to wait on freakin technician (no offense to technicians I just don't have time to wait for one) to come to my house? D insists that I have to wait for a technician. Any help is appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:14 PM

In most cases, these "time of the day" issues are due to either a failing, temperature-sensitive LNB or due to a problem with a cable run/connection. Either issue is going to need a tech to fix, unless you have spare parts and/or want to re-run that cable, so, yes, you'll need to wait for the tech.

#3 OFFLINE   colonelswizz

colonelswizz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:30 PM

Thanks that what I figured.

#4 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,499 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:30 PM

Try swapping this "bad" Receiver with one of your good Receivers. If the problem stays with the "bad" Receiver, you can be pretty sure it's defective. If the problem stays in its room, then something is wrong with the satellite feed into that room. Let us know what you find.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#5 OFFLINE   colonelswizz

colonelswizz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:02 PM

I put a different receiver in the the bad room and still had the problem. The tech is coming Friday.

#6 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,499 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:36 PM

Let us know what they find. Sounds like a problem with the cable or a connector from the dish to that room.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#7 OFFLINE   colonelswizz

colonelswizz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:11 PM

It was the cable. The original installer pieced together all the cables from the sat to the ground with 2 lines and the reciever that the issue was with the pieced together connection was corroded.

#8 OFFLINE   jefbal99

jefbal99

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:21 PM

It was the cable. The original installer pieced together all the cables from the sat to the ground with 2 lines and the reciever that the issue was with the pieced together connection was corroded.

Odd that it was happening only a single time during the day. Must have been something with the temp/conditions around that time that caused the connection to be worse than the rest of the day.
Receiving Equipment: AU9 Slimline w/Zinwell WB68 & SWM 8 | Winegard MS-2000 w/PS-1503 Power Injector
Living Room: HR22-100 w/AM-21 | Samsung HL-S4266W (HDMI) | Ethernet MRV | Pioneer HTS-GS1 5.1 | Yamaha DV-S6160 (Component/Digital Coaxial)
Bedroom: H21-200 w/AM-21 | Westinghouse LVM-42w2 (HDMI) | Ethernet MRV
Home Theatre: HR20-100 | Sanyo PLV-Z60 (Component/Optical) | Flexio 16:9 100" Screen | Ethernet MRV |Yamaha YHT-690 | XBox 360 (Component) | Harmony 880

#9 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,615 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:24 PM

Since the effects were just on one unit, that seemed to narrow things down to the environmental things with that specific receiver.

Cables/connectors are one of the main sources of this kind of problem - not all that surprised...except that the installer did such a poor job on it apparently.

Good to hear you are back in business there!
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

spam firewall