Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Harmony 880 at Costco

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:49 PM

I walked into COSTCO yesterday, wandered through the electronics area, and stumbled across a whole bin if 880 remotes.

Price was $89.97.:eek2:

I got mine for about $200 and it still doesn't work right. Maybe I should buy one, stick the old one in the box and return it!

Nah. not ethical.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Alebob911

Alebob911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,589 posts
  • LocationCERES,CA

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:51 PM

I have an 880 and have had not 1 issue with it. Did you try and call Logitech? They have a pretty simple interface on through the software. I just had 1 of my "One" remotes replaced because of a battery issue. Quick simple and painless.

#3 OFFLINE   jonesron

jonesron

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:01 PM

I was just looking around my local Costco (in Ft. Myers, FL) yesterday and was hoping to find a 880, but no luck. Can you please post the Costco Stock Number (maybe I can have the local Costco check to see if they have any coming in)?

Currently own 2 880's as well as a couple other Harmony models. The problem with Harmony remotes is they have have unreliable buttons. I've had one or two buttons go bad on three different Harmony models over the past 3 years (models, 520, 676 and 880). Two were replaced by Harmony under 1 yr. warranty while the third was out of warranty.
Ron Jones

Blog: Projector Reviews

#4 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:07 PM

That's a good deal, if it were that price at my Costco, I would snap another up.

#5 OFFLINE   Cholly

Cholly

Old Guys Rule!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,489 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:11 PM

They don't show up in costco online.

#6 OFFLINE   barryb

barryb

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:14 PM

Saw them in our Costco here in Santa Cruz the other day... and I almost bought one.

Decided against it as it's 90 bucks to replace a remote that I know all-too-well.
Barry
MY SETUP
You can usually find me helping out in the Quiet Room on Friday chat night.

#7 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:23 PM

Did you try and call Logitech?

I didn't think they'd still cover it. The problem is that the battery won't charge. It' also has the all-too-common issue of bad charger contacts. SO between the two issues it's unusable. Maybe I'll call and see what they say.

I already had it replaced once. Right after I got ir for Christmass a few yearsa go, the screen developed some nice vertical lines.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...