Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

This looks like a good replacement remote

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mikek

mikek

Godfather

• Registered
  • 408 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:50 AM

Model number OARP05S.

It looks like a good cheap replacement universal remote. I haven't used one yet, but it has the colored buttons, similar (maybe better) button layout and it has lots of extra buttons to program other things like slowmo, skip to tick.

It is also JP1 compatible.

Has anyone used this remote?

-mk

Attached Thumbnails

• 20024312997[1].jpg

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,653 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:55 AM

I swear it looks like one that's provided with Motorola cable boxes through Comcast.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,653 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:55 AM

I'm moving this to the Misc. Equipment forum as well.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#4 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 17,837 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:00 AM

For me, the transport buttons should be where my thumb lands as a result of holding it in balance. The transport buttons get used far and away the most with my system. This one almost looks like it is meant to be two-handed.

#5 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:25 AM

Model number OARP05S.

It looks like a good cheap replacement universal remote. I haven't used one yet, but it has the colored buttons, similar (maybe better) button layout and it has lots of extra buttons to program other things like slowmo, skip to tick.

-mk

I haven't used one yet, but it's the twin of the RCA RCRP05B which is $20 at best buy (same signature, so they're identical inside). Looks like one of the best JP1 remotes for DirecTV aside from the atlas (also pictured below). The radio shack 15-134 is also a good JP1 remote for DirecTV (pictured beside the RCA below). The 15-133 beside it is a backlit version of the 15-134 with fewer buttons. A new backlit atlas can usually be found on ebay for around $8 shipped. But it's not learning like the other 2. My favorite non-JP1 D* replacement is the harmony xbox 360 (beside the atlas). My refurb 360 was $30, but I haven't seen a deal like that in a while. Finally the harmony 700 and 510 are the newest and most expensive of the bunch and are very nice remotes, although limited to only 6 and 5 devices respectively.

EDIT: The harmony 600 and 650 are new 5 device remotes (not pictured) priced lower than the 6 device 700.

I agree with harsh on placement of transport keys. In that regard the radio shacks, atlas and 360 fit the bill.

(From left to right: RCA, 15-134, 15-133, Atlas, 360, 700 and 510. Pictures aren't to scale)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by mdavej, 03 March 2010 - 04:59 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   dorfd1

dorfd1

Icon

• Registered
  • 957 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:19 PM

Model number OARP05S.

-mk

ask a cable subscriber

spam firewall