Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need for 110/119 sats?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Marsha

Marsha

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:22 PM

I'm changing from a triple-LNB dish (101/110/119) to a new Slimline to move to HD. I live in SF Bay area, and don't need other locals. Do I need anything from the 110/119 or is the new 3-LNB slimline enough? I'm sure this info is somewhere here and obvious, just not to me, so I apologize if I didn't search properly.

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:37 PM

Foreign programing is about all that's still on 119. Your locals [both SD & HD] don't come from either.
110 is the old HD that's on 99/103 also.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   Marsha

Marsha

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:37 PM

Thank you very much for the prompt response.

#4 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,468 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:40 PM

Yes, all you need is 99, 101 & 103 and you are Good To Go!!! That is what I am doing in my new RV!!!

#5 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:18 AM

In the Bay Area, 110 isn't needed at all and 119 is only needed for Latino or Chinese (the Jade World package) programming.

#6 OFFLINE   ndole

ndole

Problem Solver

• Registered
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:30 AM

I've been wondering for some time if there's ever going to be a move to discontinue use of the 119. I live near and work in both 72.5/MP4 and SD119 local markets, and I'm curious if D* will ever to a complete SL3 MP4local transition in the SD119 market. I'm not sure if it'd be cost effective for them to invest in all of the equipment and labor to make the transition, but I'd love to have that much pending work.
"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."

spam firewall